Thanks for your interest in Conversant! Here’s the deal. You’re not just applying to some basic technology company. Rather you’re applying to a powerhouse that’s changing the face of an industry!
We’re a new company with a 15-year heritage. We’ve invested over $1 billion and united five industry leaders - Commission Junction, Dotomi, Greystripe, Mediaplex, and ValueClick Media - to launch and lead the Age of Personalization. We’ve done what marketers have dreamed of for years, introduced a single platform that offers all the data, technology, insights and personalization it takes to make true 1:1 communication real.
We couldn’t have done any of that without our team of superstars and a culture that celebrates each one of them. Individuals matter just as much within our walls as they do in the 1:1 marketing programs we create for clients. Here’s what we believe in at Conversant:
• Ownership – We’re determined to make an impact – preferably a big one – every day.
• Integrity – We treat our clients, customers and co-workers with genuine respect.
• Teamwork – We believe everything worthwhile is achieved through collaboration.
• Innovation – The status quo bores us. Everyone is encouraged to think differently and invent relentlessly.
Conversant is committed to one simple but truly exciting principle: each person is different and every person matters. This mindset fuels everything we do for our clients and for each other. We do magic for our clients and we have fun doing it. If that sounds like your sort of place, we’d love to hear more from you.
· Ensure 24/7/365 database administration support
· Evaluate current environments for HA/database replication opportunities
· Manage assigned DBA resource pool, internal and external
· Define and devise new monitoring, metrics, and alerting strategies
· Define and implement enterprise monitoring and incident response support for Adserver profiles hosted in Hadoop
· Ensure enterprise backup and recovery strategies are complete and regularly demonstrated
· Monitor and resolve locker/blocker and dead-lock issues
· Identify and kill zombie processes
· Analyze long-running SQL jobs to identify optimization opportunities
· Perform ongoing capacity and load performance testing including degradation profiles
· Analyze database parameters to ensure optimal resource utilization and operational state
· Stay up-to-date on latest features of all in-house database technologies
· Experience in open source and Postgres environments required.
· Proactive logical and physical database design, including database consolidation, grouping, segregation and compartmentalization
· Develop entity-relationship diagrams for existing and new databases
· Define going-forward naming standards
· Analyze database activity to look for tuning opportunities – both at the database and the application level
· Work with Applications Teams to identify tuning opportunities
· Analyze stored procedures and triggers for optimization opportunities