Senior Java Software Engineer
Senior Java software engineer to be part of the team building platform specializing in web and email content delivery and social media integration for the enterprise.
The ideal candidate will be very hands-on while also being able to lead a team of developers on projects. Also requires the ability to interact with internal and external customers to plan and schedule releases. You will be a hands-on J2EE expert with proven track record in building and delivering scalable J2EE web applications. You need to be conversant with Spring, Struts, Hibernate and the overall J2EE landscape as well as open source frameworks and Postrgres.Responsibilities:
- Participate in architectural decisions, code and deliver software solutions.
- Work with other Java Engineers to ensure innovative solutions are built using agreed technical standards.
- Ensure that industry best practices in software development and standards are used and maintained.
- Design, prepare and execute test unitscripts.
- Update technical documentation relating to design and code.
- Participate in the full SDLC including deployment to the production environment.
- Provide guidance and mentoring to other developers
- 7+ years** experience building successful production software systems
- Development expertise in OOP, Java, J2EE, Spring, Struts, web services.
- Experience with SQL; Postgres and MySQL
- Familiarity with JBoss environment and configuration
- Excellent problem-solving & troubleshooting abilities
- Experience developing software services and an understanding of design for security, scalability, performance and reliability
- Experience debugging and maintaining system defects within J2EE web applications
- General capability with Linux shell commands
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field