Development Operations Engineer
Responsible for the support and deployment of software packages across multiple environments. Collaboration across many departments to deliver new software projects from development to production. Including on-call duties as well as off-time upgrades and maintenance. Must have ability to think quickly and respond diligently to on and off-duty alerts/issues.
• On-call 24x7 phone support. Level 2-3 support
• Manage application-level monitors for website and middle tier services
• Respond to sitescope alerts and other system monitoring tools
• Monitor transactional vital statistics and application response times
• Administer Windows Server 2003 and 2008. Configure server framework/pre-requisites for application loading.
• Troubleshoot origin of errors, website, app servers, network, database.
• Troubleshoot prod and QA environments encompassing:
o IIS configurations (IIS 6.0/7.0/7.5)
o application configurations (.Net Framework)
o file/directory permissions
o performance counter monitoring and analysis
o Network Load Balancing, Firewall, DNS, and server routing
• Troubleshoot application errors/issues and closely work with development-team, DBAs, Network Team on resolving those issues
• Notify stakeholders (Project Team, Tech Leadership) about system status and provide resolution for environment/application related issues
• Must have 3-5 years of experience in synching-up and performance tuning multi-tier environment (DEV,QA, STAGING, PROD)
• Experience in deploying software packages in both VM and physical boxes using automated Team Foundation Server (Cruise Control/Anthill Pro)
• 1-2 years Power shell scripting and batch scripting experience needed. (Shell, Perl experience can also act as equivalent)
• 1+ years experience with SQL Server a plus
• BA/BS in CS, IT or other scientific/linguistic fields or equivalent development experience
• 3-5 years experience in related position, managing large scale systems.
• Experience with Agile Methodology