The Business Analyst in IT for Television Marketing serves as a primary interface to the business users, with the guidance from either a senior business analyst or business relationship manager to assist the BRM teams in understanding the business processes, workflows, and information requirements of the users. The role will include supporting the existing Business-To-Business application, plus other Marketing initiatives. Must have great client management skills and be a creative thinker, in addition to understanding system technology flows. The Business Analyst will primarily serve in the support of the current and future applications and the requirement analysis process. Providing consulting on reactive, proactive and enhancement support services, as well as testing services to one or many applications. Experience with UI and/or Marketing is a plus.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Collect, review, analyze, manage, system and user requirements from business users
- Document detailed functional & data business requirements, process flows, use cases, & information needs
- Work with the BRM technical leads to clarify functional requirements.
- Primary liaison to QA team, create test scenarios and perform UAT.
- Serve as a liaison to other teams in planning, coordination, development and deployment of multi-team enhancement or projects.
- Ensures delivery of project and enhancement requirements meet the requirements defined by the business customer
- Accountable for ensuring training needs are met for new or existing applications
1. Analyze/understand business challenges; map current business processes to the new system or service, determine interface requirements, and resolve any issues which may affect the business process.
2. Develop detailed functional requirements & testing scenarios that can be used to develop internal design specifications for systems or services.
3. Work with the technical analysts to ensure that the delivered system matches the functionality specified; Ensure business satisfaction with IT services and products; understand and communicate user expectations.
4. Assist in creating test scenarios that match the functional specifications developed; Analyze test results, document problems and work with technical analysts to resolve them. Assist in implementing and supporting systems or services.
5. Help train users in the functionality developed.
Strong experience gathering requirements for complex, multi-phased business application development efforts, enhancements or projects
This role requires a strong level of business process and data experience, along with knowledge of one or many Line of Business or Value Chain domains.(i.e. Motion Pictures, Television, Home Entertainment, Digital & Corporate, as well as product development, sales/marketing, business affairs, operations, distribution & financial systems).