Looking for a Sr Oracle DBA to help in the migration from Ingres to Oracle. The Oracle DBA should have a strong background of Application Support, Migration, Performance Tuning. The Migration is on a Windows Platform. The ideal candidate will have very strong experience in data migration, Application support any past experience with Ingress will be a plus.
Project Description Oracle DBA
This position is responsible for database related application activities and database administration for the clients Medical Products, R&D projects and Installed Base.
- Provide application and DBA support for Ingres database obsolescence project. The project involves replacement of unsupported and obsolete Ingres database with Oracle for client applications and is required for migration to MS Windows 2008 and Windows 7.
- Provide Oracle database, migration and application support for IN10 Stage2.
Duties and Responsibilities of The Oracle DBA:
- Resolve database related application, upgrade and system maintenance issues for the installed base. For assigned issues and defects, provide accurate root cause analysis, impact and corrective actions.
- Understand, implement and maintain the data model for current and new application features. Ensure data integrity, security and performance.
- Implement and maintain the database design, including backup and recovery, capacity, performance tuning and monitoring, security, patches, etc.
- Design, develop and maintain database tuning, error detection and recovery tools and processes for the installed base.
- Write database queries, procedures, functions and triggers. Assist developers with database activities, query tuning and testing.
- Assist and support developers with database migration activities and system upgrades.
- Work within a geographically distributed team environment and meet individual and team objectives simultaneously.
- Comply with product development processes, QSRs and other relevant work instructions while performing job duties.
- Provide after-hours support as required. Coordinate activities with the service organization.
- Bachelors’ degree in computer science or equivalent. Masters degree desired.
- 5+ years experience in software development industry. Product development experience, especially in Healthcare IT is desired.
- A good understanding and demonstrated proficiency in Oracle database, related utilities and tools. Includes backup and recovery scenarios, security management, resource management and data integrity.
- Ingres knowledge and experience is a big plus. Willingness to learn is required.
- A good understanding of the underlying operating system - Windows 2003, 2008, XP and W7.
- Experience in application development, code migration, database change management and data management through the various stages of the development life cycle.
- A sound knowledge of both database and system performance tuning.
- Must be highly driven to achieve results and aggressively identify and solve problems that can impact the scheduled delivery of products that meet customer requirements or resolution of customer issues.
- Must be accustomed to effectively dealing with unforeseen crises with quick analysis and decisive action.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and in successfully completing programs/projects while also serving as a key individual technical contributor.
- Must understand and posses a sound understanding of the business and be able to process large amount of information and prioritize accordingly.
- Must have good communication skills with management, development teams, service organization and vendors.
Immediate interviews for the right candidate. Please call shafik at 908-565-0391 cell