Looking for a Sr TSM Administrator with 7-10 years of solid experience managing a large mission critical environment
Responsibilities of a TSM Administrator
- Performs analysis and design backup processes and procedures at all levels of complexity.
Under limited supervision, monitors the daily and weekly backups as well as offsite archive operations taking corrective action as needed 24/7.
Recommends equipment and procedures to ensure the backup occurs within the available window.
Works with internal clients to help identify the files and file dates required for recovery.
- Administer and backup the systems used to host the backup software (TSM) running on AIX Power System (p7's) and develop Unix KornShell scripts to automate and improve the monitoring operation.
Coordinates directly with vendors to implement new equipment and evaluate alternative solutions.
- Installs and configures the server and client portions of TSM backup and recovery software for the main data facilities and including multiple remote branches.
- Implement and maintain system management software, as well as research, analyze, and implement patches and hardware modification.
- Participates in detailed project planning efforts and acts as a server system recovery specialties on all disaster recovery projects.
- Recovers files and servers as needed by restoring files.
- Creates and maintains standards for backup and recovery, i.e. who, what and when the backups are done, full vs. incremental.
- Implements Tivoli Disaster Recovery modules by configuring software.
- Maintains and upgrades server and clients with the latest technology researched from web sites and vendors.
- Ensures software licenses comply by checking each individual client server.
- Advises and makes recommendations to the Director of Technical Services and Operations concerning backup and recovery issues including new technology upgrades, tape size, and throughput speed.
- Works with Security and Business Continuity Project Manager to ensure full recovery during business resumption (for example: how data gets there and back).
- Must be able to create, review, and edit technical documentation including but not limited to policies, procedures, and work plans to ensure consistency and quality.
- Experience with the following: Thin provisioning, data de-duplication, replication/snapshot services, and encryption.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications of a TSM Administartor
- Strong analytical, written and communication skills.
- 7+ years experience in Tivoli Storage Manager, along with 5 years AIX administration.
- Familiar with NT, Windows 2000, Windows 2003, Windows 2005 and Windows 2008. Database and web servers both clustered and non-clustered.
- Familiar with Tivoli Data Protection for Notes, MSSQL, and Oracle databases.
- Experience with 3494, 3584 ATL attached to via switch and a SAN environment.
- Experience and experience in many disciplines of storage-based technologies, including IBM ProtectTier, DS4700, DS6800, SAN Volume Control (SVC), SAN Switches, Flash Copy & Snap Shot, Zoning of switches
- Korn Shell and Perl scripting.
- Power System, 770, 750, 570,HMC and management of hardware.
- AIX and Linux on Power System.
- Experience working on disaster recovery planning essential.
- Project management experience in Network environment.
- Knowledge of Overland storage and libraries.
- Extensive knowledge of Protect Tier units, in a cluster environment.
- Knowledge of Fastback for client, servers and continuous data protection.
Immediate interviews for the right candidate. Please call shafik on his cell 908-565-0391.