Immediate need for a seasoned UNIX Administrator!
You will be involved in evaluating: system tools, upgrades and hardware to support the expanding needs of the company.
Day to day, you'll provide scalable, robust and secure solutions that meet company goals. You'll also collaborate with our in-house development team and other administrators to provide an environment for the rapid development of internal and external applications, in an Agile / Scrum workflow.
- Installation, configuration and troubleshooting of services such as DNS, SMTP, SSH, HTTPD and DHCP.
- Experience with network attached storage devices and RAID (including NetApp and Gluster).
- Extensive knowledge of Redhat/CentOS, including Kickstart, use of package management tools (APT/Yum).
- Extensive knowledge of Apache, including performance tuning for high-volume web traffic.
- Automating tasks and procedures with scripting BASH, KSH (preferred), Python, etc
- Configuration and management of services - BIND, FTP, Sendmail, Postfix, Samba, NFS, UFS, ZFS, LDAP, Apache
- Virtualization Technologies - RHEV-M, VMWare
- Experience with Puppet/Chef for provisioning servers and automated deployment
- Experience with Enterprise Storage Systems (experience with NetApp a plus)
- SNMP monitoring of systems using Nagios and SolarWinds
- Experience with Cisco routers, switches, and firewalls. Strong TCP/IP ; networking skills
- Experience with Load Balancing (F5 load-balancing appliances - preferred)
Pluses - But Not Required:
- Experience with Windows Desktop and Server Environments - Windows 7, 2008 Server, Active Directory, Group Policy.
- Experience with RDBMS database servers (PostgreSQL a plus)
- Experience with HELIOS high-performance Mac/PC file server/workflow management system
- Experience with Oracle/Solaris Operating Systems
Minimum of 3yrs experience as a UNIX System Administrator in a commercial/business environment is required.
Computer Science degree preferred but not required
For immediate consideration send your resume to: email@example.com