Key responsibilities of this position include design/engineering support for enterprise network technology and the development of reference architectures and standards. The position is responsible for understanding and interpreting global business and technical requirements in order to apply advanced next generation WAN technologies for global consumption. This includes participation in discovery, documentation, validation / refinement of forward-looking solutions (ex. MPLS network segmentation and interconnectivity, advanced routing designs, routing for cloud environments) while considering opportunities for re-use of standard solutions and technologies.
(e.g. number of years, function, type of employer, etc.)
10 years in an enterprise environment that operates 7x24 network services to a multitude of customers and business units.
15 years in an enterprise environment that operates 7x24 services to a multitude of customers and business units. Media and ISP industry experience preferred.
Licenses / Training
(e.g. professional certifications)
Cisco CCIE, Juniper NCIP-Enterprise, Sniffer Certified Expert/Master (SCE/SCM), ITIL, PMBOK, Cisco IOS and IOS-XR
Cisco CCIE, Juniper NCIP-Enterprise, Sniffer Certified Expert/Master (SCE/SCM), ITIL, PMBOK, Cisco IOS and IOS-XR, Cisco NXOS, JunOS, RFC4364 BGP/MPLS VPN standards.
- Demonstrated experience with WAN Architectures (Multi-carrier PE-CE MPLS VPNs, traffic engineered Point-to-Point networks, Multi-VRF LDP networking, etc…) Experience with physical and logical network routing technologies (ex. Juniper/Cisco/Evertz, Riverbed, Net Insight, Cienna) including networking solutions that support global application performance and availability goals (ex. topology bandwidth and latency analysis for capacity and availability).
- Strong understanding of virtualized environments for several areas (compute, storage, network) including experience with Virtual routing and forwarding concepts and implementations. Expert understanding of routing protocols (including BGP, IS-IS, EIGRP, RIP2, OSPF) and packet forwarding methodologies (ex. Carrier in Carrier MPLS, RFC4364 Multi-AS backbones, LDP). Expert understanding of command syntax of Cisco’s Internetwork Operating System (IOS and IOS-XR)
- Strong experience with Network Quality of Service technologies. Must have strong knowledge of HW/SW network queuing structures, marking techniques, DSCP traffic classification strategies, congestion avoidance mechanisms and shaping techniques.
- Strong understanding of Layer 2 and IP Multicast technologies (L2 MC, DVMRP, PIM-SSM, MDT). Specifically must have strong understanding of Multicast addressing strategies, Multicast protocols, data packet structure, interrelationship with Layer 2 media encapsulations (Ethernet/MPLS).
- Experience in WAN facilities design (MPOE diversity, optical facilities design, carrier equipment diversity, power distribution design and power capacity planning/calculation, raised floor and slab facilities designs, etc.).
- Demonstrated knowledge/experience in multi-tiered Wide Area network topologies with expert knowledge and experience in technology integration and network design at the routing protocol, topology and physical layers. Strong experience with integrating dissimilar network environments as a result of business activity (ex. mergers and acquisitions).
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of WAN technologies/architectures including: DWDM and ROADM transport, 10Gig media standards (optical and electrical), MPLS PE-CE and LDP environment, TCP/IP protocol suite, Ethernet 1Gig/10Gig and 40Gig/100Gig.
- Experience with designing Wide Area networks that support security compliance and segmentation strategies for PCI/SOX, Data center L2/L3 mobility TRILL/MEC/VPC/OTV and networking of high density computing platforms (Cisco UCS, HP C7000)
- Experience with WAN Modeling and Simulation tools (ex. OPNET network modeler, NetBrain and Shunra WAN emulation hardware).
- Demonstrated technical knowledge of UNIX, application analysis (detailed packet capture analysis), fault tolerant network design, network management systems and troubleshooting techniques.
And perhaps as important as the technical skills, have an outgoing personality with a “Can-Do/Get-it-Done” attitude.
Interested in learning more about this and other similar opportunities? Visit www.technicalconnections.com and then send your resume to me at email@example.com for immediate consideration, and tell me what separates you from everyone else.
>>>Still not convinced? Check me out on LinkedIn at www.linkedin.com/in/ryanluttrell
Technical Connections Inc. (www.tci-la.com) excels in providing IT staffing services and adheres to the highest levels of integrity, professionalism and performance. TCI has been providing qualified technical professionals since 1984 and is owned, managed and staffed by IT professionals (many of whom have been with the company for over 10 years) who understand the emerging new technologies as well as legacy systems. We are all committed to fostering lasting professional relationships based upon the highest level of service and satisfaction by partnering with clients and candidates in a manner that fosters trust and achieves results.