Senior IT Systems Engineer
Come work for a globally recognized company in a position that will work as an integral part of the Infrastructure Team. This role as a Senior IT Systems Engineer will be responsible for leading infrastructure projects utilizing VMware, and also for improving performance on various Netapp servers worldwide.
Why Work Here?
With an innovative technology company, you will have the chance to work with the latest trends in mobile technology.
What will get you the job?
Being an individual that has in-depth and expert-level knowledge in their infrastructure technology area of expertise, as well as the process a broad level of experience and skill sets to develop comprehensive solutions and process improvements. This position is viewed as a technical expert and critical resource across multiple disciplines. The Senior IT Systems Engineer will have a working knowledge of infrastructure related information technology, including servers, storage, and networking.
- Netapp (primary), local storage, EMC, IBM, other
- Trouble shoot performance & tune based on findings. Remote and local.
- provision LUNS & volume management
- capacity planning, and monitoring
- fiber connectivity (brocade\other)
- all aspects of storage
- Manage VMware 5.X/4.X environment, remote and local
- Trouble shoot performance & tune based on findings
- Integration of VMWare with Netapp
- fibre connectivity (brocade\other)
- Administer backup servers (client based, NDMP, VirtualTape, etc.), restores and daily backup
- Familiar with various backup software Symantec BackupExec, EMC Legato, NetBackup, other
- Working knowledge of AD (GPO, user\computers, domain controllers, etc)
- Understanding of networking and its roll in environment (DNS\DHCP\etc)
- Monitoring (OpsManager\SolarWinds\Cacti\other)
- Video Conferencing
And perhaps as important as the technical skills, have an outgoing personality with a “Can-Do/Get-it-Done” attitude.
Interested in learning more about this and other similar opportunities? Visit www.technicalconnections.com and then send your resume to me at email@example.com for immediate consideration, and tell me what separates you from everyone else.
Technical Connections Inc. (www.tci-la.com) excels in providing IT staffing services and adheres to the highest levels of integrity, professionalism and performance. TCI has been providing qualified technical professionals since 1984 and is owned, managed and staffed by IT professionals (many of whom have been with the company for over 10 years) who understand the emerging new technologies as well as legacy systems. We are all committed to fostering lasting professional relationships based upon the highest level of service and satisfaction by partnering with clients and candidates in a manner that fosters trust and achieves results.