Our client’s Cloud Services team is looking for a Cloud Service Engineer with engineering and service delivery experience for distributed systems and services-based architectures; with strong communication skills, an eye for automation, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment.
You will be accountable for engineering of Cloud Service infrastructure, application fabric, deployment, monitoring, remediation, and capacity management systems at web scale, in fully virtualized IaaS and PaaS operating environments.
In this role, you will:
- Participate in engineering of new Cloud Services and architecture components including, but not limited to:
- Cloud Application Fabric
- Operations Infrastructure (monitoring, deployment, remediation, security/IDS/IPS, logging, notification…)
- Specific systems such as NoSQL, Hadoop delivered in an as-a-service model
- Help to identify and define non-functional requirements including, but not limited to: backward compatibility, performance, reliability, scalability, testability, privacy, security, configuration, data integrity, monitoring, instrumentation (both usage and perf/reliability, deployment, auditability
- Collaborate with cross functional stakeholders
- Provide timely and accurate estimates for deliverables
- Participate in strategic and tactical planning sessions
- Identify candidates for automation, and develop scalable solutions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in software development and/or service engineering
- Minimum 5 years of experience of Linux operating systems.
- Some travel will be required
- Master of Science Degree in Engineering (CS, ME, EE, Computer Engineering)
- Minimum of 5 years experience engineering cloud/online services at massive scale, including large scale SQL/NoSQL services
- Excellent scripting skills that can be applied in live service environments (Python, Bash, Powershell)
- Experience using cloud resource provisioning tools and systems
- Strong communication, and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, multi-site organization
- Experience working in Agile development environment
- Familiarity with Hadoop and Big Data technologies