Do you have a passion for the Aviation industry, with a background and strong knowledge of airline operations? If you are motivated by creating operational change, implementing improvements, and increasing performance, then we may have a great opportunity for you...
Thales Group is a global technology leader for the Defence & Security and the Aerospace & Transport markets. The company generated revenues of EU14bn annually. It employs over 67,000 employees in more than 50 countries www.thalesgroup.com
Thales is a global leader in aerospace. Our products and systems are everywhere on aircraft and in airports. Thales is the only company in the world with leadership positions in both onboard equipment (cockpit and cabin solutions) and ground equipment (radar, air traffic management systems, etc.) This leadership in Aerospace makes Thales the world's only company with the capacity to provide a comprehensive end-to-end response to the complexity and challenges of air transport.
Founded in 1999, Thales IFEC is a worldwide leader in In-Flight Entertainment and Connectivity systems. Our product and service offering is an end-to-end solution that supports our customers before, during and after the flight. More than 130,000 passengers use Thales IFE daily (equivalent to 50 million users per year). To date, 60 airlines around the world have utilized close to 150,000 Thales IFE systems. www.thales-ifs.com
To support our development and growth, we are looking for an:
On Board Service (OBS) Operations Specialist
The OBS Operations Specialist is responsible for all aspects of on board maintenance activities within the assigned region including Turn Key & Field Support Operations. The OBS Operations Specialist is responsible for line station performance including operational, financial, safety, quality and regulatory compliance. The OBS Operations Specialist will set clear guidelines for the commissioning of new stations and the introduction of new programs into existing stations. The OBS Operations Specialist will ensure compliance by means of key performance indicators and regular station / support site visits. The OBS Operations Specialist will be expected to deliver year on year efficiency improvements by means of regular process reviews and share such improvements with other operation managers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Responsible for the station costs of each assigned station. Review station costs monthly before approval of payment.
* Develop the station Multi Year Budgets (MYB) plan with close coordination with the assigned region and the CSS Customer Program Management team.
* Provide continuous improvements to reduce station and OBS costs and improve station efficiency.
* Coordinate with the assigned region to manage the OBS Station Operations to ensure successful station start up and sustaining operations at the Airline customer's contractual assigned bases.
* Develop guidelines for the commissioning of new stations and the introduction of new programs into existing stations.
* Monitor station performance through KPIs for all assigned OBS customer programs and communicate findings to other stations/programs.
* Drive commitments for OBS in-service operational/technical issues by tracking and follow-up on any scheduled implementation plans and, if appropriate, escalating problems to the next level.
* Administer, assign and account for all tools and equipment that have been allocated to station locations.
* Manage any ad hoc service request and coordinate with AOC and any internal/external support when needed
* Participate in weekly regional OBS telecoms to communicate and take action as required
* Track and monitor all station performance metrics on a monthly basis. Ensure timely addressing of any problems and keeping the management regularly informed of status, challenges and major accomplishments.
* Ensure all stations are correctly using our maintenance database (Maintenix) and to ensure its accuracy.
* Work closely with the AOC Planning team to ensure timely delivery of spares and emergency shipments, as required.
* Maintain a professional, positive, and cooperative relationship with internal and external groups and the customer. Communicate and present status and requirements of program needs efficiently and regularly during high-level management and customer review meetings.
* Become knowledgeable of the Thales IFE system technology and related engineering development and resolution processes.
* Domestic and international travel is required on a regular basis to visit stations within the assigned region.Key Skills and requirements:
* Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university;
* 3+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Experience working in a maintenance environment (preferably in aviation)
* Experience working with Airline customers
* Ability to travel up to 20% of the time, supporting international clients
* Project management experience is desirable
* Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
* Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Thales Avionics Inc. - IFS offers an excellent benefits package which includes medical, dental , vision, 401K, PTO, Basic Life and AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability, Business Travel Accident Insurance, International Medical Benefits, Flexible Spending Accounts and an Educational Assistance Program, just to name a few of the offerings.
If this opportunity interests you, please visit www.thalesgroup.com/careers/ and apply using our e-staffing tool. Thales thanks all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Thales Avionics is a diverse workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We conduct pre-employment drug testing. Please do not apply if you require sponsorship to work in the USA. Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Job Posting: 25-Feb-2014, 9:42:16 PM
Department: 07 - Customer Service