Are you ready to explore the corporate side of retail? The TJX Companies, Inc. is the leading off-price apparel and home fashions retailer in the U.S. and worldwide, operating four major divisions -- Marmaxx (T.J. Maxx and Marshalls) and HomeGoods in the United States; TJX Canada (Winners, HomeSense and Marshalls) in Canada; and TJX Europe (T.K. Maxx and HomeSense) in Europe. With over $23 billion in revenues in 2011, more than 2,900 stores, and approximately 168,000 Associates, success is always in style at TJX. We at TJX understand that both our customers and the talent pool from which our Associates come are increasingly diverse. Our core values of respect, integrity and fairness are inherent in the relationships we build with each other, our vendors and our customers. We are committed to leveraging the differences among our Associates and customers to create both a diversified mix of talent within TJX and a diversified mix of merchandise within our stores. We consider the unique views and opinions of our Associates to be key to our growth and success in the future.
We currently have the following opportunity available:
Oracle Applications DBA-Sr.Database Consultant
* Serve as the technical expert in oracle technologies (Oracle EBS, Oracle Hyperion, Oracle Retail Merchandising systems); working collaboratively with the functional and development teams.
* Participate in Oracle applications (Retail/Financial/HR/Payroll/Planning) databases systems design and operations.
* Participate in software upgrades, revisions, patches and fixes mandated by the vendor.
* Assist in the resolution of complex problems in support of production; including 24/7 on call support on a rotating basis.
* Ensures that the detailed physical design of database and data structures comply with data policies, standards, principles and meets the established level of service agreements/goals for the system.
* Create, develop and review the physical data model created from Logical data model.
* Maintain solid technical skills in R/DBMSs, products, utilities, protocols, and techniques.
* Manage and monitor SLAs for uptime and performance of Oracle databases.
* Demonstrated experience in working on root cause analysis for Oracle database issues.
* Flexible, adaptable, and able to manage multiple tasks in a dynamic environment.
* Other duties as assigned.
* 8+ years of Oracle database administration experience with atleast 5 years using Oracle ERP applications (11i/R12) including Financial, HR & Payroll and Self Service Applications.
* Knowledge of exposure to Oracle RPAS, RMS or Retek.
* Understanding and prior experience with Oracle Hyperion Planning or Essbase administration, a plus.
* Thorough understanding of APPS tech architecture.
* Development experience with building ODS, data warehouse and data marts.
* Experience implementing enterprise architecture principles for databases.
* Enterprise Database support and administration.
* Expert level database and SQL tuning skills with hands on experience in enterprise and dynamic environments.
* Oracle applications patch management.
* Experience working in SOX controlled environment, change control and validated systems.
* Willingness to learn new technologies.
* Ability to work independently and as a team player.
* Flexible, able to adapt well to change.
* Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or equivalent work experience.
What's In It For You?
At the TJX Companies, Inc., conveniently located directly off both the Mass Pike and Route 9, you'll not only enjoy the security of working for a stable and profitable industry leader, but you'll also enjoy the benefits that go along with it, such as: Medical/Dental/Life insurance, a Dependent Care Spending Account, Associate Discounts and a Savings/Profit Sharing 401(k) Plan.
TJX is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity