Who are we?
Live Nation Entertainment is the world’s leading live entertainment and eCommerce company, comprised of four market leaders: Ticketmaster.com, Live Nation Concerts, Artist Nation and Live Nation Network. Ticketmaster.com is the global event ticketing leader and one of the world’s top five eCommerce sites, with over 27 million monthly unique visitors. Live Nation Concerts produces over 22,000 shows annually for more than 2,300 artists globally. Artist Nation is the world’s top artist management company, representing over 250 artists. These businesses power Live Nation Network, the leading provider of entertainment marketing solutions, enabling over 800 advertisers to tap into the 200 million consumers Live Nation delivers annually through its live event and digital platforms. For additional information, visit www.livenation.com/investors.
Who are you?
Passionate and motivated. Driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit. Resourceful, innovative, forward thinking and committed. At Live Nation Entertainment, our people embrace these qualities, so if this sounds like you then please read on!
We are currently looking for a Sr. Systems Administrator to join Ticketmaster's Cloud Systems team which is responsible for the administration of a global, high-volume, infrastructure-as-a-service platform.
- Install and manage systems for our internal private cloud, including storage, hypervisors, appliances, and cloud management tools or services.
- Capacity planning, performance analysis, troubleshooting, and resource management for both physical and virtual infrastructure.
- Maintain server and network security.
- Leverage Ticketmaster's open-source configuration management system (Spine).
- Utilize basic project management skills so that tasks and project deadlines are met.
- Prioritize, coordinate and deliver special technology projects.
- Evaluate and present new technologies to leadership (R&D).
- 24/7 on-call duties at approximately once every 4 weeks.
- Manage issues dispatched by systems support analysts (NOC group).
- Travel to hosting sites if needed in emergencies.
- 6+ years of Linux/UNIX server administration experience.
- In-depth understanding of virtualization technologies such as Xen, VMWare, KVM, Openstack.
- In-depth understanding of Linux/UNIX fundamentals including kernel subsystems (scheduler, VM, etc), system calls, inter-process communication, process/resource management and file systems.
- Comprehensive knowledge of TCP/IP, the OSI Model, firewalls, load balancers and switches.
- Experience with network attached storage devices (NAS and SAN) and RAID. (Netapp is a plus)
- Experience with configuration management systems, Puppet, CFEngine, Chef,etc.
- Automation experience preferably using Perl, Python or Ruby.
- Installation, configuration and troubleshooting of services such as DNS, HTTP, and NFS
- Working knowledge of Redhat/CentOS, including Kickstart, the use of package management tools (APT/Yum), the ability to write spec files and build RPM packages.
- Administration in an environment with 1000+ systems.
- Demonstrated problem analysis and resolution skills.
Ideal Personal Characteristics:
- Strong, creative problem solving and analytical in nature.
- Results oriented aggressiveness in meeting commitments.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Entrepreneurial, driven by a new challenge.
- Strong communication skills.
- Self-motivated, energetic and tenacious.
- Flexible and responsive to changing situations.