Tech2 Business Solutions is a National Information Technology (IT) services firm that takes pride in taking care of its clients and consultants alike. We provide consulting services and short-term IT staffing solutions to a varied range of clients to help them reduce costs, enhance organizational flexibility, and improve their business and IT performance. Tech 2 Business Solutions firmly believes that our most important asset is our consultant's. To retain and grow that asset, we treat each and every consultant with utmost respect and fairness. We place high emphasis on old school values like mutual trust, integrity, loyalty and work-life balance; something not to be found in most of our competitors. We spend a lot of energy in ensuring not only our consultant's professional satisfaction at our client site, but also his/her personal satisfaction. Our Client is currently seeking a Business Analyst, with excellent communication and written skills performing the following duties; gathering requirements, creating general design documents, testing, documentation, working with end users, technical staff and management on various levels.
Location: Virginia, Richmond Duration: 6 + months
Primary Personal Attributes:
- Organized, able to set and maintain priorities to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Able to provide, support, and apply practical solutions to client’s needs.
- Able to be productive as a team member or by working alone on tasks assigned.
- Have outstanding communication ability – written and oral.
- Present and maintain a professional attitude and appearance in the work environment.
- Able to be creative with outstanding problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with Agile, Scrum, Waterfall or RUP Methodologies
- Experience in translating requirements into optimized designs, and identifying design alternatives and implications on functionality, effort, performance and operations
- Experience with conducting Use Case based analysis of business processes; this includes developing Use Case diagrams, activity diagrams, sequence diagrams and state diagrams.
- Must have 5+ years of experience with Rational Suite (Requisite Pro, Rational Rose, ClearQuest, ClearCase)
- Liaison between business units and IT departments.
- Perform administrative duties, including, but not limited to, assisting with and/or developing documentation such as User Requirements, General Design Documents, Computer Interface Specifications, Issues and Concerns Documentation, and Research Solution/Resolutions Information. These documents are developed using business analysis of Design, and System/Application Functionality, System Content, Business Rules, and processes. Business Rules documents include Brackets.
- Learn business policies and procedures, then develop, and describe in documentation the business solutions/scenarios, policies, and procedures. The documentation may include diagrams using Visio or other diagram capturing software.
- Document software test scenarios and perform software acceptance tests at an Application (Unit Testing) and System Integration (SIT) level. Participate, monitor, and assist in User Acceptance Testing (UAT). Analyze test results against pre-defined expectations.
- Ability to demonstrate skills in investigation and analysis of business problems and development of business process workflows that depict required policy and be able to communicate the processes to business units and to software development teams.
- Responsible for System integration testing using IBM Clear Quest to track defect and trace back Requisite Pro requirements.
- Develop Software requirements specifications, documentation including; work data flow and entity relations diagrams using Visio OR other diagram capturing software.