Unison Systems is looking for a Sr. Ruby on Rails Developer for a contract-to-hire opportunity in downtown Denver.
Candidate will be responsible for authoring and refactoring front-end software with mission-critical or customer-facing consequences. Will work with cross functional teams to ensure long-term success of technical solutions.
Practices agile development methods and exemplifies core agile values of transparency, collaboration, embracing change and iterative development.
Develops functional prototypes that highlight new design concepts
Collaborates with product managers, UI designers and peers across MapQuest to develop outstanding consumer experiences.
Provides mentoring by leading periodic code and sprint reviews.
Provides broad perspective on risks, development alternatives and expected technical debt in Sprint-0 meetings.
Routinely works with peers in other Technology teams to ensure interoperability and scalability.
* Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
* 5+ years of experience in software development with proven track-record of delivering high-value, high-quality, consumer-facing solutions.
* Development experience with PostgreSQL.
* Proficiency in unit and functional testing.
* Test driven development and pair programming experience a plus.
Contract-to-Hire Salary Range:
Unison Systems Inc. is a full-service IT consulting firm that specializes in both IT contingency based staffing and end-to-end IT Business and Software solutions. As an independent, locally owned consulting firm that has been in business since 1997, we have 3 main areas of expertise: Software Life Cycle Support, Data Warehouse Support, and Infrastructure Support.
Years of Experience Required: 3-5 Years
Expected Travel Time: None