ViaWest, Inc., a super-regional provider of colocation and managed hosting solutions, has an opportunity for an experienced Data Center Manager to support our state-of-the-art Tier 4 Design Certified data center in Minneapolis.
This position is responsible for oversight and daily management of facility operations, including customer interaction and service request fulfillment, hands-on facilities maintenance (HVAC, Electrical and Mechanical), management of service providers, minor construction oversight, and response to incidents. We are a rapidly growing organization and we embrace change as a way of life. Our innovative solutions and exceptional customer service to clients has set us apart from our competition.
- Manages facilities staff to deliver expected service levels to customers within the prescribed budget
- Manages team schedule to ensure customer support and facility coverage
- Serves as an operational leader in the region
- Coordinates work assignments among facilities staff, vendors, and contractors.
- Reviews work orders to ensure that assignments are completed.
- Reviews price quotes for the procurement of parts, services, and labor for projects.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with customers.
- Responds to problems in a tactful and expedient manner.
- Oversees the scheduling, maintenance, and monitoring of all heating, ventilating, air conditioning, water, electric and other systems to ensure efficient operation.
- Inspects facility and generates inspection reports.
- Prepares and manages capital project budgets and operating budgets.
- Manages facility infrastructure resource capacity planning and analysis. Makes recommendations for expansions and growth timetables and provides monthly reporting.
- Cultivates productive and proactive working relationships with property management and other tenants in order to jointly resolve issues.
- Drives the identification, development, and delivery of all documentation and training for facility support staff at the Data Center.
- Plans capacity for entrance facilities, co-location cabinets, cage layouts, coordinating carrier fiber builds
- 24-hour on-call as first escalation point for all Data Center operations and facilities incidents.
- Minimum 5 years direct experience as a Data Center Manager. Management experience in multi-tenant facility preferred.
- Ability to lead and direct team members, maintain schedules and manage small projects.
- BSEE preferred
- Ability to work on cross functional teams to ensure operational resources and sales are collaborating to exceed customer expectations
- Professional communication and problem resolution skills
- Responsible attitude, ability to take initiative and ownership and to adapt in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong facilities management background
- CAD experience.
- In depth HVAC, AC and DC electric power experience.
As an employer, we offer a casual work environment and encourage our employees to take part in our growth. We pay our employees competitively and make sure they don’t get lost in the business. You won’t become a number here.
Take your career to the next level and apply for a position with ViaWest today! Criminal background check required. EOE/AA