“More Cisco Call Manager and telco vendor experience. If they also have some route-switch knowledge, that's a plus. As for a replacement for the SIP Project itself though, the candidate needs more Voice than Data experience”
- 5+ years of experience in a Network Engineering and Support environment.
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science and/or business, or the work experience equivalent.
- CCNP / CCNA certification preferred or equivalent work experience.
- CISCO Call Manager Voice Setup knowledge.
- Strong knowledge of Cisco hardware and software platforms.
- Detailed knowledge of IP communications.
- Functional knowledge of routing protocols (EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, etc.).
- Functional level knowledge of WAN technologies (Frame Relay, DS-1, DS-3).
- Experience maintaining and troubleshooting a large enterprise WAN/LAN production data network.
- Functional knowledge of information security implementation and best practices.
- Voice over IP network support experience.
- Ability to deliver on complex project requirements and tasks.
- Familiar with network design and network management best practices.
- Ability to use and interpret results of packet analysis tools.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Able to work within a customer oriented, positive team environment.
- Strong interpersonal, oral, visual, and written communication skills for communications to technical and non-technical staff.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for overall network troubleshooting and support of corporate internal Branch and data network.
- Proactively engaged to identify opportunities and implement enhancements of the data network.
- Engaged in the implementation and support of infrastructure platforms used in the operation of small branch locations through call center, campus and data center locations.
- Provide high level of customer service to internal client base.
- Ability to support 24x7x365 operational and project related assignments.
- Ability to effectively communicate highly technical options / solutions to audiences of widely varying skills.
- Assist in network security directives and system development.
- Executes with quality while completing tasks on-time and on-budget.
About Vital Resources
Vital Resources, Inc. offers flexible and comprehensive Sourcing Solutions to world-renowned organizations by providing services of high-caliber IT and financial professionals who are available for staff augmentation on a contract, contract-to-hire, or direct hire basis. Our high-caliber IT professionals offer expertise in project management, ERP implementation, custom programming, database management, analysis, QA testing, and a wide array of additional technical services.
We have been recognized by the State of Ohio for Excellence in Enterprise, and awarded Inside Business Magazine's NEO Success Award along with several other awards for quality, innovation, business growth, and community service.
The firm is a Certified Woman-owned, Small Business Enterprise founded in 1990 by Charlene Connell, who currently serves as its president and CEO. Ms. Connell, also a recipient of several business awards for achievement, attributes the growth of Vital Resources to the importance that she and her team place on business relationship management, and vigilant tracking of business trends and changes in technology.
Join Our Award Winning Team
Vital Resources offers an entrepreneurial working environment that is fast-paced and dynamic. If you enjoy implementing the latest technology and working smart, you will experience outstanding career opportunities at Vital Resources. We offer an attractive compensation and benefits package including healthcare, 401K, and life insurance.
As a rapidly growing company, Vital Resources continues to broaden its team of technical IT professionals. We currently recruiting Java Developers for our clients in Cleveland, Ohio.
The successful candidate will have expertise with Java, RDBS background, Linux and Solaris.
If you are an experienced professional with a matching skill set for this position, and you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career with a top-notch organization, we invite you to contact us today!