Validation Engineer – Contract
This is not your typical run of the mill QA role. We are looking for engineers who can do an outstanding job at digging beyond the obvious and unearthing issues well before they present themselves. Engineers who take pride in automating solutions to repeated manual activities using Shell, Python, Ruby, Perl or other scripting languages. A bright engineer, who assumes ownership, ensures top notch product quality and is driven by an urge to identify problem areas and solutions.
- Develop and maintain a suite of automated test strategies to perform functional, UI, integration, end-to-end, regression, load, and performance tests
- Estimate/measure application and service performance
- Perform debugging and root cause analysis of product failures or defects, capture crash reports and file defect reports.
- Be part of the Agile Team – solve problems, attend scrums, sprint planning / backlog reviews - communicate status in a timely fashion
- Evaluate, identify and adopt new tools, technologies, practices and methodologies from appropriate sources, to improve product quality and experience.
- 6-9 years of overall experience with a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience; Master's degree a plus
- 1+ year of prior experience developing automation test suites using Selenium, with hands-on coding experience.
- Solid experience with one or more scripting languages such as Perl, Shell, Python, Ruby etc
- Deep passion for scripting and automation using cutting edge tools and technologies.
- Expertise and experience with REST web services and service integration using SOAP UI, REST-client, REST-assured, Jersey-Test-Framework or similar
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Prior experience developing web applications using java or JVM based rapid prototyping languages.
- Experience with mocking frameworks such as Mockito, jMock, EasyMock, JMockit or similar tools
- Experience with Agile and/or Test Driven Development
- Experience working on systems built using API centered architecture, preferably using API management platforms such as Apigee, Vordel
- Experience working in a startup environment using open source technologies
- Contributor to forums such as Stack Overflow
Ketan Arora | Xoriant Connect
W: +1-408-550-1257| E-Mail: email@example.com
Add: 1248, Reamwood Ave, Sunnyvale, CA 94089
Find us on:| |
Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail.