We are looking for Solid Kernel Engineers with Experience in kernel subsystem development (kernel infrastructure and services)
- Areas include CPU scheduling, memory management, synchronization, interprocess communication/messaging, event notification
WE ARE NOT LOOKING FOR EMBEDDED ENGINEERS. WE ARE LOOKING FOR CANDIDATES WITH KERNEL AND SYSTEMS PROGRAMMING
- Strong experience in developing kernel subsystems for high-performance multiprocessor systems. Kernel services among other things include CPU scheduling, memory management, synchronization, interprocess communication, and event notification.
- Indepth knowledge of operating system internals, computer architecture, networking, data structures and standard programming practices.
- Experience with Linux kernel and device driver architecture is a significant plus
- Experience with design and development of high-performance and resilient file systems is a significant plus
- Experience with design and development of high performance networked systems, and protocols is a significant plus
- Strong C/C++ development and debugging skills
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Creative approach to problem solving.
- Must have a proven record of meeting extremely tight deadlines with high quality
- Drive and deliver innovations for our next-generation high performance flash based storage solution with focus on kernel infrastructure and services.
- Architect, design, implement, test and debug kernel services such as CPU scheduling, memory management, synchronization, interprocess communication, and event notification as part of complex storage software solution.
- Participate in all phases of a product development, from product definition and architecture and design, through implementation, debugging, testing and customer support
- Work collaboratively with other engineers, and be willing to take on any engineering tasks that contribute to the progress towards the goals of the team and the company
Education & Experience:
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, a Master Degree, or a PhD; or equivalent experience is required.
- A minimum of 12 years of experience is required
- Demonstrated ability to have completed multiple, complex technical projects
- Demonstrated ability to provide technical advice, leadership, and direction to more junior engineers.