- NORTHROP GRUMMAN
- San Antonio, TX
- Help Desk Tech Support/Service Technician
The Service Technician
* Serves as the first point of contact, across the globe for the IT "hands-on-the-keyboard" user into the IT environment.
* Interacts effectively, courteously and directly with the user to resolve technical issues, and responds to queries and service requests that originate by telephone, web-based portals, e-mail, or other methods.
* Highly knowledgeable of IT operations, platforms, functions, and terminology.
* Demonstrated mastery of desktop systems and/or various software applications and concepts.
* Possesses a solid understanding of IT hardware
* Proficient in networking services, to include Active Directory and software installation
* Ability to read, write and implement standard operating procedures and technical documentation
* Ability to touch-type and enter detailed information in the trouble ticketing system while interacting with customers telephonically.
TS/SCI W Poly
* IAT Level II Certification per DoD Directive 8570.1 (i.e. Security+)* HP Service Manager 7.11 End User Training Associate's Degree and 2 years experience
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in aerospace, electronics, information systems and technical services to government and commercial customers worldwide. Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Shift: 1st Shift
Relocation Assistance: United States-Texas-San Antonio
Number of Openings: 1
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Business Sector: Technical Services
© 2014 Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U. S. Citizenship is required for most positions.