- Software Applications Engineer
- .Net, Agile, Analysis, API, ASP, ASP.NET, Automated, Call Center, C, Development, Forth, Foundation, HTTP, Management, Programming, Project, QA, Sales, Scrum, SQL, SQL Server, Testing, Windows
- Date Posted:
- Lombard, IL
- Area Code:
- Employ. Type:
- Job Length:
- Full Time
- Position ID:
- Dice ID:
- Travel Required:
- 300 Apollo Drive
- Chelmsford, MA 01824
- (978) 250-7900
- Software Applications Engineer
- Lombard, IL
Aspect makes it easy for you to engage with your customers. We help companies deliver remarkable customer experiences across every conversation and every channel - voice, email, text, social, web -- through a single, elegant software platform. Whether delivered on premise, hosted, or in the cloud, this platform brings all the conversations together in one place, ensuring a consistent omni-channel customer experience each and every time. We are a global leader in providing unified interaction management, workforce optimization, and back-office solutions, seamlessly orchestrating people, processes and touch points for today's top brands. For more information, visit us at http://www.aspect.com/company/careers/
GENERAL SCOPE & SUMMARY
The Engineer will work as part of a Engineering team responsible for designing, developing, and supporting the Aspect Quality Monitoring product. Responsibilities will include software development, working with onshore and offshore developers, and participate in creation and maintenance of design specifications for new and ongoing development projects. Candidate will be capable employing leading-edge technologies to develop and document effective and reliable code which meets functional and technical requirements and adheres to software engineering and object oriented best practices.
At this level, the Engineer has a solid understanding of the technologies needed to develop and debug issues for their product components and may be asked to evaluate tools and other technologies related to the product/component. This Engineer provides clear instruction for knowledge transfers and may coordinate development activities of other team members. Coordinates defect resolutions and supports customers directly if needed. This Engineer will be responsible for handling critical and complex customer problems in near real-time and developing code fixes or enhancements to be included in future code releases and support customers directly if needed. The job requires close interaction with the QA, Support and Professional Services teams. This Engineer leverages technology to develop and validate the product component at an expert level, manages defect resolutions and coordinates code development with other engineers.
PRIMARY ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Analyzes, designs, programs, debugs, and does ongoing modification of software components.
* Code may be used in commercial end-user applications, prototypes, or in test tools or other supporting programs.
* Using the required programming languages and other technologies, writes code, completes programming, and performs testing and debugging of applications.
* Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance.
* Participate in the design, and be responsible for development, testing, documentation and analysis of modules or features of new or upgraded software systems and products.
* May participate in development in any of a range of product areas such as thin client, rich client, server, communication layers, and so forth.
* Conducts technical investigation of product defects raised by customers or other internal groups like QA or Support.
* Coordinates, responds, tracks and follows-up on customer problem reports/technical support requests.
* May interact with internal cross-functional members to better understand system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
* Creates hot-fixes, update packages, code mods or service packs as appropriate and delivers code to QA for testing following schedules provided by management.
* Works on product enhancement requests to enhance product functionality as needed under guidance of senior staff.
* Develops and/or executes implementation according to project plans and priorities.
* Provides estimated timelines for fixes.
* Ensures products are up to date with 3rd party components that are in use.
* Proactively identify non-compliance of code against requirements/standards/design and raise defects.
* Follows processes, guidelines, procedures and best practices that have been defined by senior staff and management.
Reproduce customer issues and resolve them by either establishing a workaround or a solution, or by debugging and creating a bug fix.
Work with support engineers, professional services and sales engineers to investigate and handle customer and field escalated cases.
* Work with members in the organization across various time zones.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
* Knowledge of engineering tools, methods and processes.
* Ability to communicate complex information to internal audiences.
* Strong teamwork skills.
* Professional demeanor to maintain and enhance relationships.
* Works on projects of moderate scope and complexity.
* Performs complex code, testing or experimentation on segments of projects.
* Ability to use technical concepts to solve moderately complex problems.
* Ability to independently provide solutions to problems of moderate scope where analysis of situation or data requires a review of identifiable factors.
* Works independently or as team member on projects and problems of varying complexity.
* B.S. in Computer Science, Electronics, Mathematics or related discipline minimum.
* 4-6 years of experience years of experience.
* Application development experience in C#, C++, NET 3.x/4.x, Visual Studio, Web API, WCF, and ASP.NET MVC, MS SQL Server 2008/2012
* Windows operating systems
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Superior team player both within the development team and across functional boundaries
* Travel to customer sites on need basis.
* Ability to pass a background check may also be required.
* Physical requirements include sitting for long periods of time.
* The following skills and technologies are preferred for this position:
- Call Center Technologies, CTI, Telephony
- Call Recording Technologies
- Microsoft Windows Media API
* Experience with Agile/Scrum Methodology, MSFT Team Foundation Server(TFS), Automated Unit Testing
Aspect is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people, including women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, veterans or any other legally protected group.
This position is not open to any third party recruiters, consultants and/or staffing vendors at this time.
Req. #: 2014-7193
Physical Work Location: Company Facility
Years Relevant Experience: 4-6
Job Classification: Fulltime-Regular
Aspect makes it easy for you to engage with your customers. We help companies deliver remarkable customer experiences across every conversation and every channel – voice, email, text, social, web – through a single, elegant software platform. Whether delivered on premise, hosted, or in the cloud, this platform brings all the conversations together in one place, ensuring a consistent omni-channel customer experience each and every time. We are a global leader in the provision of unified interaction management, workforce optimization, and back-office solutions, seamlessly orchestrating people, processes and touch points for today’s top brands.