- Job Title:
- Oracle Application Developer
- Seattle, WA
- Job Status / Type:
- Reference Code:
Amazon hires people from all types of backgrounds, into positions based all over the world. We recruit the best and Brightest.
Come Make History With Us!
At Amazon, we strive to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover anything they want to buy online. Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of our DNA. We hire the world's brightest minds, offering them an environment in which they can relentlessly improve the experience for customers. We do this every day by solving complex technical and business problems with ingenuity and simplicity. We're making history and the good news is that we've only just begun.
Oracle Application Developer
- A minimum of six years of experience developing solutions for Oracle’s e-business suite.
- Experience with Oracle’s development tools including reports, forms, BI publisher, Workflow Builder, and JDeveloper.
- Experience with at least one of these e-business suite applications: Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Procurement, iProcurement, iExpense, General Ledger, Inventory, Fixed Assets
- Experience engaging Oracle Support to research and resolve issues
- Additional programming skills that are useful towards the job but not a core requirement; Perl, Java
- Must have a strong functional knowledge of the Oracle e-Business suite in a multiple organization and multiple set of books environment.
- A strong desire to work in a fast paced dynamic environment.
- Must be able to work independently with limited general supervision.
- Solid interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively organize and communicate across functional and technical lines are critical.
- Root cause analysis and complex problem solving skills are important.
- Strong working knowledge of SQL and PL/SQL best practices.
- Must have very strong analytical skills, with the ability to translate business requirements into technical specifications with an emphasis toward highly available and scalable global solutions.
- Experience prioritizing competing demands, scoping large efforts and negotiating timelines are necessary skills.