- TD Ameritrade
- Analysis, Change Management, Consulting, DCE, Diagnostic, Director, HTTP, Manager, Management, Project, Project Management
- San Diego, CA
- Employ. Type:
- Position ID:
- Dice ID:
- Manager Sr Lean COE
- San Diego, CA
Job Title: Manager Sr, Lean COE
Job ID: 101585
Job Location: San Diego, California
Employment Type: Full-Time
Contract Type: Regular
Manager Level: Senior Manager
A leader in brokerage and investment services for over 35 years, TD Ameritrade offers a full spectrum of powerful solutions and innovative tools for trading and investing. We're constantly expanding our knowledge and bolstering our capabilities, from a leading active trader program to intuitive long-term investment solutions and a national branch system. Combined with some of the industry's brightest minds, there's no limit to how big our accomplishments can be.
From first-time investors to sophisticated traders, TD Ameritrade is focused on helping individuals seek out their financial goals. And you're the ambassador to all that we do. Beginning with our trading platform and proprietary technology to our resolve to outperform, you'll maintain the high level of quality and integrity we're known for, each and every day. With the right opportunity, there's no limit to what you can accomplish.
As a leading employer in financial services, we believe in building strong relationships, achieving quality results and working with integrity. It's at the heart of everything we do. That's why we provide you with comprehensive training, benefits and programs that inspire you to achieve more every day. Apply to a TD Ameritrade job today and help our clients pursue their dreams, while you fulfill yours.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. Immigration sponsorship is typically not available for this position.
The Sr. Manager of Process Improvement for the Lean Center of Excellent will report to the Director of the Lean COE and be responsible for the following:
- The ongoing deployment and sustainment of Lean principles and systems within TDA
- The Implementation of the Lean Management applications improving operational and technological processes to achieve greater efficiencies and effectiveness in Operations and Technology
- Leading large transformation efforts from inception through delivery including structuring the problem, diagnostics, lean design, piloting, deployment and continuous improvement
- Leading cross functional teams toward a common vision and facilitating change management on a large scale
- Building relationships with leadership, process owners & management to understand their issues, coach them on behaviors and gain buy in for lean, change and recommendations
- The review of various internal business units and/or processes via the 5 lenses of Lean.
- Project management responsibilities to keep Initiatives on track and deliver the roll out of Lean Management Systems throughout the firm to support continuous improvement efforts.
- Provide leadership, methodology expertise and management of Lean deployment including Diagnostic, Design & Implementation
- Act as Subject Matter Expert on Lean Process Improvement Initiatives
- Consult with internal business partners to assess given scenario, process or department and develop Lean Recommendation for Improvement
- Manage the deployment of Lean Tools and methodologies through Sustainment Phase
- Provide leadership to guide teams, business leaders down to associates through the lean deployment, including education, providing inspiration and coaching and facilitating change
- Facilitate successful project completion, based on schedule, and make results visible through regular reporting.
- Project Management of Lean Initiatives
- Produce efficiency projections and reporting for recommendation and execution stages of Lean projects
- Demonstrate knowledge of business and client needs and ensure alignment and integration to lean deployment, tools and systems
- Identify and refine opportunities for efficiency and process improvements in specific projects via the Diagnostic, Design and Implementation stages of a Lean Initiative
- Validate opportunities for improvement via Lean Analytical Approach
- Design Solutions to improve efficiencies
- Implement Solutions by working with business partners
- Develop creative approaches to implementation, particularly the ability to manage launch and learn methodologies
- 4 year college degree in Engineering, Finance, Economics or Business related field required, Graduate degree preferred
- Management consulting or financial service industry experience
- Demonstrated track record of improvement projects
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) with all levels of management
- Ability to motivate change at the process owner level of the organization
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills
- Passionate and results driven leader
- Solid team and project leadership abilities
- Ability to organize, prioritizes, and delegate as needed to ensure success of the goals for a project
- Coaching and mentoring of cohorts of all levels including senior leaders
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and delegate as needed to ensure success of the goals for a project
- Strong ability to structure complex problems, define and conduct critical analysis, extract key insights and drive future state designs and adaptive implementation models
- Demonstrated Value Stream Mapping experience
- Must have financial services experience (preferable in investment services) 3-5 years
- Series 7 license – a PLUS
- 4 year Bachelor’s degree in business or related field.
- 5-7 years’ experience working in a mid- large size firm.
TD Ameritrade participates in the E-Verify program for those states requiring E-Verify. For additional information on this program please click here .
TD Ameritrade is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and offer a quality workplace.
TD Ameritrade, Inc. member FINRA/SIPC/NFA is a subsidiary of TD Ameritrade Holding Corporation (NASDAQ: AMTD). TD Ameritrade is a trademark jointly owned by TD Ameritrade IP Company and the Toronto-Dominion Bank. © 2012 TD Ameritrade IP Company, Inc. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
Last Modified: 5/30/2014 12:00:00 AM