- Senior Practice Manager, Delivery Manager - Dell SecureWorks
- Analytical, Applications, Architecture, Automated, Cisco, Computer, Consulting, Customer Service, Director, Engineering, Engineers, IT, Manager, Management, Metrics, Microsoft Project, Network, Project, Project Management, SAS, Sales, Security, Systems
- Date Posted:
- Los Angeles, CA
- Area Code:
- Employ. Type:
- Pay Rate:
- Job Length:
- See Job Description
- Position ID:
- Dice ID:
- Travel Required:
Here, you're free to deliver solutions that make a real difference in people's lives. Your teams will be rewarded for curiosity and for bringing different perspectives to the table. And there will always be opportunities for you to learn, to grow, and to succeed while you bring new solutions to our customers. Let's see what we can dream up together.
Senior Practice Manager, Delivery Manager - Dell SecureWorks
Dell SecureWorks is a market leading provider of world-class information security services with over 2,900 clients worldwide spanning North America, Latin America, Europe, the Middle East and the Pacific Rim. Organizations of all sizes, including more than ten percent of the Fortune 500, rely on Dell SecureWorks to protect their assets, improve compliance and reduce costs. The combination of strong client service, award-winning security technology and experienced security professionals makes Dell SecureWorks the premier provider of information security services for any organization. Positioned in the Leader's Quadrant of Gartner's Magic Quadrant for MSSPs, Dell SecureWorks has also won SC Magazine's "Best Managed Security Service" award for 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011 and 2012.
Our business at Dell SecureWorks is growing. We are looking for a Sr. Practice Manager to join our management team and help lead our Residency and MSSi Consulting Practice within the Security & Risk Consulting (SRC) Business Unit.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrable experience leading large, geographically-dispersed (sometimes global) teams of security or technology consultants delivering service to multiple customers in varying time zones.
Must have the ability to quickly identify the strongest value and most pressing challenges in Residency consulting services, devise and implement a plan for continuous improvement of service while keeping P&L goals, practice standardization, and employee well-being in constant focus is key to the success of anyone in this position.
Key Areas of Focus & Responsibility
Matrixes or focused P&L responsibility, under the guidance of the Residency Director.
Customer account management (communications, site visits, monthly status calls, etc.).
Work with Sales Leads, Sales Engineers, and Solution Architects in all facets of the pre-sales cycle as needed. This may include meeting with prospective customers to help Sales elaborate on the Residency and MSSi value proposition.
Provide training to Sales, SEs, and SAs on existing and new services lines.
Direct HR management of a team of Resident or MSSi consultants.
Management of recruiting (including internal Dell SecureWorks Talent Acquisition as well as 3rd party staffing agencies).
Project management of various service delivery initiatives, personnel training, and logistics.
Provide direct oversight and coordination of the onsite security teams, remote Managed Security Service provider, Threat Intelligence Services, and Consulting Security Specialists.
Ensure the seamless delivery of all security services.
Lead cross-functional program teams in security remediation planning and execution of security programs.
Drive definition and closure of project requirements, project plans/schedules, and resource needs with stakeholders and within team resources.
Actively manage programs, provide consistent program status and progress against objectives.
Manage projects that involve significant business complexity and communication, with organized collaboration and conflict resolution across diverse organizations.
Analyze security services offerings and program portfolio to define cost models and success metrics.
Track remediation items from incidents, exceptions, and audits to ensure closure.
Facilitate and track program deliverables within the security organization and other functional organizations with their dedicated security architecture representative.
Facilitate and drive regular architecture topics with security advocates in cross-functional groups.
Establishes appropriate metrics for resident roles and responsibilities in agreement with customers' business needs.
Strive to make provided services transparent to the end users both internal or external
Manage appropriate level of communication based on audience, set & manage expectations with stakeholders, facilitate & drive project meetings, become a trusted advisor at the team and practice level across projects.
Provide regular (weekly, monthly, etc.) status reporting for a wide audience on all projects.
Innovate & champion processes/methodologies at project and practice level.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* BS (MS preferred) in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent.
* 10+ years of progressive experience managing initiatives in an engineering or technology environment (IT Security preferred).
* 6 years of leadership experience.
* Industry certification from vendors: ISC2, GIAC, E-Council, Cisco, Juniper, (SIEM), etc.
* Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
* Advanced proficiency in automated project management tools such as Microsoft Project.
* Advanced proficiency in analytical, organizational, project management, interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
* Customer and relationship-focused, process-driven, metric-focused, results-oriented, organized, self-directed.
* Detailed knowledge of security technologies and trends.
* Working knowledge/experience of network systems security principles and applications.
* Fundamental understanding of the defense in depth strategies.
* Ability to apply very good technically oriented concepts to problem solving.
* Excellent customer service skills.
* Very strong written and verbal communications skills.
* Work effectively across functional teams.
* Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and projects and assist/advise support engineers in establishing appropriate priorities.
Department: Security Systems Manager - Services IT