- American Specialty Health
- UI Developer
- Date Posted:
- San Diego, CA
- Area Code:
- Employ. Type:
- Pay Rate:
- Job Length:
- Position ID:
- Dice ID:
- Travel Required:
- UI Developer
- San Diego, CA
2011, 2010, 2009, 2008 Best Employers for Healthy Lifestyles, Gold--National Business Group on Health
2012, 2011, 2010 & 2009 Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America--Inc. 5000
2009 & 2006 Best Places to Work--San Diego Business Journal
2008 100 Best Places to Work Nationally in Healthcare--Modern Healthcare
The UI Developer is responsible for providing support to programmers for Web sites and applications in creating front-end templates. He/she works closely with the design team to provide all the necessary components to hand off to the development team for implementation of the user interface.
· Provides support to programmers by converting PSD’s into clean and easy to maintain reusable HTML/CSS.
· Creates masterpages, themes, skins; integrates work into .NET pages.
· Design/develop rich Web 2.0 features which will be templatized.
· Develop websites in HTML5 for mobile web development.
· Validates/tests for 508 compliancy and cross-browser/platform compatibility.
· Develops Flash actionscripting.
· Participates in code reviews.
· Maintains code libraries.
· Comparative research.
· Documents processes.
· Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in computer graphics or related field. Adobe certification a plus.
· 3+ years experience in developing intuitive user interfaces for web-based applications that adhere to web standards and designing rich Web 2.0 features.
· Experience in mobile site development.
· Experience with slicing mockups in Photoshop.
· Must have a familiarity working in a .NET environment, Visual Studio, and web application infrastructure.
· Ability to implement AJAX libraries and JS Frameworks including JQuery and JQuery Mobile.
· Knowledge of cross-browser/platform compatibility, 508-compliancy, user-centered design, usability, visual and web application design, information architecture (taxonomies, content hierarchy, etc), front end development.
· Ability to code in Flash Actionscripting 3.
· Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
· Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
· Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
· Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
· Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
· Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
· Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
From our corporate-casual dress code to paid vacation and holidays to company-sponsored social activities, ASH provides excellent benefits and incentives. Some of the many benefits offered by ASH include:
What makes American Specialty Health such an awesome place to work? There are MANY perks, including:
- Acupuncture, chiropractic, and other unique health benefits
- Healthyroads Coaching for Weight Management, Tobacco Cessation, and Healthy Living at no cost to employees
- Discounts to local gym memberships
- Incentives program -- employees and spouse/domestic partners can receive up to $600 a year ($150 per quarter) for reaching specific physical activity goals using a wireless activity device
- Corporate awards ceremony for employees, featuring an awards presentation that honors ASH employees
- Holiday and employee health challenges with fun incentives
- Sports sponsorships
- Wellness committee
- Quarterly healthy living challenges
- An annual *Get Healthy!* award for an employee who*achieves a significant wellness goal
In addition to our more unique health care benefits, we provide employees with a wide array of more traditional benefits. They include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Matching 401(k) savings and retirement plan
- 11 paid holidays annually
- Paid personal time off to be used for vacation, sick time, etc.
- Life and long-term disability insurance
- Public transportation reimbursement (up to $75 per month)
- Free Parking
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible health care spending account
- Software training classes
- Monthly seminars
- Tuition reimbursement
Explore our website to find out more about our company, our values, and our open positions. Start changing lives and your idea of work today!
American Specialty Health