- Manager - Technology Information Management - BIDW, Healthcare-Life Sciences
- Chicago, IL
- Position ID:
- Dice ID:
At Deloitte, your work will be challenging and meaningful. You'll have the chance to give back to your community and help the environment. You'll find the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. And you'll meet people from a variety of backgrounds and experiences who will become respected colleagues, and perhaps lifelong friends. But where you take your career is up to you. To learn more about Deloitte, visit our Careers site.
Manager - Technology Information Management - BIDW, Healthcare-Life Sciences
- Business Development: Develop and maintain contact with top decision makers at key clients; organize and lead pursuit teams; participate and lead aspects of the proposal development process; contribute to the development of proposal pricing strategies
- Client Management: Manage day to day interactions with executive clients and sponsors
- Delivery: Manage and deliver components of client engagements that identify, design, and implement technology and creative business solutions for large companies. Responsibilities include, among others, managing teams in the identification of business requirements, functional design, process design (including scenario design, flow mapping), prototyping, testing, training, defining support procedures.
- People Development: Perform role of counselor and coach; provide input and guidance into the staffing process; actively participate in staff recruitment and retention activities; provide leadership and support for delivery teams and staff in local offices
- 8 years of relevant consulting or industry experience
- At least 2 years of experience managing large technology engagements
- A minimum of 4 full life cycle implementations
- A willingness to travel 80 - 100% of the time (Monday - Thursday/Friday)
- Proficient in one or more of major ETL tools such as Informatica, Datastage, SAS and their administration
- Proficient in one or more of major BI Reporting tools such as Business Objects, Hyperion, Cognos, SAS and their administration
- Proficient in one or more of major metadata tools and their administration
- Proficient in one or more of major OLAP tools such as MicroStrategy, Hyperion, Brio, SAS and their administration
- Proficient in one or more of major data modeling tools such as Erwin, Data Architect, Oracle Designer and their administration
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint)
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
- Eagerness to mentor junior staff
- Bachelors Degree or 4 years equivalent professional experience
- An advanced degree in the area of specialization
- Experience managing vendor selection and contracts
- Experience providing oversight support to the development team
- Experience leading or validate the proposed business process model and identify strategy for business readiness
- Ability to provide support on data quality components during the implementation of the solution architecture
- Ability to provide technical recommendations for optimized data access and retention for the data warehouse
- Ability oversight support to the design, development and QA teams
- Ability to define areas of improvement to optimize data flows
- Ability to identify strategy for data acquisition and archival
At Deloitte, you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you'll have the chance to give back to your community, make a positive impact on the environment, participate in a range of diversity and inclusion initiatives, and find the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. Our commitment to individual choice lets you customize aspects of your career path, your educational opportunities and your benefits. And our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business and your clients' will be heard.
Visit www.deloitte.com/us/careers to learn more about our culture, benefits and opportunities.
As used in this document, “Deloitte” means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers.
Disclaimer: If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers' site (careers.deloitte.com) or one of our approved job boards, we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at careers.deloitte.com.
Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organizations in the U.S., specializing in audit, tax, consulting and financial advisory services with clients in more than 20 industries. We provide powerful business solutions to some of the world's most well-known and respected companies, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100. Learn more.