Who We Are:
At Verizon, our people are busy changing the world—tackling the toughest challenges in areas like Healthcare, Energy, Public Safety, and Education. With an outward focus on our customers and integrity at our core, we're creating technology solutions that help businesses optimize their operations, families connect from anywhere, and whole communities leave smaller, greener footprints. The result? Widespread impact on the way people live, work and play across the entire globe.
That's why we need the best and the brightest minds to join our team. People like you—determined to push boundaries, drive real change, and help us create a smarter, better future for all.
What We Do:
From secure cloud computing, to Machine-to-Machine communications, to robust omnichannel experiences, we're spearheading tomorrow's innovations, today. Our solutions are empowering individuals, businesses, and communities everywhere to unlock their potential and realize the power of technology. That means connecting children to hands-on learning experiences, enabling global businesses to build mobile workforces, and helping municipalities run greener and more efficiently. Simply put: we're creating a better future. And you can be a part of it.
What We Offer:
On top of being a part of the company that's changing the world through groundbreaking technology, you'll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits so robust we call them Total Rewards.
- Medical, dental and vision
- Award-winning training
- Tuition assistance
- 401(k) savings plan
- Employee discounts on plans and technology
- Health and wellness programs
Systems Specialist - Analysis & Programming
- Systems Specialist - Analysis & Programming
- Access, Accounting, Analysis, Analytical, Application, Applications, BASIC, COBOL, Database, Data Mart, Data Modeling, Desktop, Development, ERP, Excel, Hardware, HTML, IBM, ISPF, IT, JCL, Manager, Management, Modeling, Oracle, Performance, Programming, Project, Project Management, Protocol, Research, SAP, SAS, Sales, Security, Software, SQL, SSL, Supervisor, System, Systems, Telecommunications, Teradata, Test, Testing, UPS, Visual Basic
- Date Posted:
- Lake Mary, FL
- Area Code:
- Employ. Type:
- Job Length:
- Full-Time Security
- Position ID:
- Dice ID:
- Travel Required:
- One Verizon Way
- Basking Ridge, NJ 07920-1097
- (908) 559-4000
At Verizon, we innovate constantly to help the biggest names in business do business - quicker and smarter. It takes vision. It takes focus. And we apply both every bit as much to the way we do business too. The brightest minds, the latest technologies and pioneering processes are combining to enhance this critical business function at our Center for Excellence. We're finding new ways to add value and provide strategic support. This is the kind of work we do. And you can be part of it.
This position is responsible for supporting Accounting systems and reports to the Supervisor - Support Systems. Primary responsibilities will be to assist the Supervisor with the operations of the department as a subject matter expert.
* Support the Supervisor in project planning & system testing, end-user interfaces for system implementations, upgrades, enhancements and production fixes
* Provide financial system support for all accounting and finance teams during and between book closes including, but not limited to opening and closing periods, monitoring and posting journals and interfaces, upload large entries, supporting allocations requests/changes/processing, performing reconciliations and system tie outs, maintaining chartfields/reporting structures and resolving any issues which arise during the close cycle.
* Support the reconciliation process between SAP and various billing systems
* Work closely with the IT organization on system maintenance and enhancements for SAP and feeder systems
* Support monthly budget file loads into SAP
* Support activities for Sarbanes-Oxley, ERP security, internal and external audit requests
* Uses financial acumen and accounting experience along with systems knowledge and experience to assess impacts of changes, recommend improvements and troubleshoot issues
* Maintain interface mapping tables in SAP
* Perform assessments of financial systems and processes and develop improvement strategies for reporting, analysis and internal controls
* Participate in performance tuning, software, hardware and tools upgrades
* Assist in the facilitation of the external and internal reporting and accounting and financial systems audit processes
* Create queries and oversee accuracy of queries created by the supervisor's team
* Maintain consistency and integrity of accounting data through maintenance of documentation for system support functions and controls
* Maintain website content for finance teams, perform periodic site audits and plan for and test upgrades and enhancements
* Assist with mentoring and developing team members
* Other ad hoc analyses as needed
* Prioritize work activities and monitors progress on tasks for the support team
* Ensures the accurate compilation, analysis and reporting of financial data.
* BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, or equivalent work experience.
* Master's in Business Administration, Accounting, or Finance preferred.
* Professional certification (e.g. CPA) or within the process of achieving certification preferred.
* Directly related Mainframe (IBM z/OS Operating System) experience in the following:
+ ISPF: (Interactive System Productivity Facility)
+ DFHSM: (Data Facility Hierarchical Storage Manager)
+ JCL: Job Control Language
+ SAS: General programming language
+ SFTP/SSL: Secure File Transfer Protocol and Secure Socket Layers for file transfers to, from and between mainframes
+ MFT: (Managed File Transfer) additional file transfer tool, replacing NDM
+ COBOL Copybooks: Need to be able to read copybooks.
+ File-aid product experience helpful
* Advanced understanding of Warehousing and Data Mart processes:
+ Expert with SQL (experience with Teradata SQL a plus)
+ Experience with writing queries, researching code issues, and validating development implementations
+ Direct work experience with overseeing IT deliverables
+ Knowledgeable in Database Management Concepts
+ Understanding of data modeling concepts
+ Oracle Application support
* Advanced knowledge of developing and maintaining financial systems a plus:
+ Experience with SAP
+ Documenting and producing IT Requirements
+ Advanced Research and reporting abilities
+ Table maintenance and Master Data Governance
+ Design and execute appropriate user acceptance testing
* Demonstrated proficiency in Desktop applications including:
+ Advanced Excel: Complex nested and conditional formulae, functions, look-ups, pivots and macros
+ Understanding of Visual Basic
+ Working knowledge of Basic HTML
+ MS Access
* Strong interpersonal skills with customer-based focus
* Strong organizational skills
* Excellent oral and written communications skills; well-developed analytical and interpretive skills
* Ability to interact with IT and various functions, as well as will various levels of management
* Advanced understanding of report query and design.
* Demonstrated experience in continuous improvement initiatives, root cause analysis and project management.
* Experience with Financial systems, procedures and verification, and solid understanding of financial statements and concepts.
* Ability to multi-task projects and priorities; willing to work overtime as needed.
* Experienced in the design and implementation of accounting systems and applications highly desired
* Experience in the technology or telecommunications industry preferred, but not required.
Our business is fuelled by our passion for delivering unprecedented results for customers in over 52 countries. Throughout the world, we're helping to create a better future - transforming how doctors battle cancer, rescue workers save lives, and people, businesses and communities interact with one another. If you have the drive, talent, energy and commitment to join over 180,000 like-minded people who are unlocking this positive potential of technology, we'll support you every step of the way. Whether that's through competitive compensation, award-winning training, or benefits so comprehensive we call them Total Rewards.
Start creating powerful answers today.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer m/f/d/v.
Sales Incentive: No
Job ID: 337626
Driving Requirements: No Driving Required
Travel: 25% or Less
Relocation Assistance: Yes