Senior Manager - IT Strategy and Effectiveness, Health Plans
Application Management Services: Provide complete operations services for application management, custom development, and business process outsourcing for clients. Develop the post implementation go-live support environment, construct the transition plan from the project team to the support team, and support and maintain the client applications and technology infrastructure
Customer Solutions: The Deloitte's Customer Super Store - a one-stop shop that provides consulting and technology solutions on all areas of the Customer lifecycle (Contact to Action, Lead to Cash, Sale to Commission, Service to Satisfaction, and Analyze to Insight) through implementation of CRM technologies (SFDC, Oracle/Siebel, SAP and others) to deep customer analytics.
The Deloitte Digital - Digital Content Practice
Deloitte Digital offers services that enable client solutions using digital technologies, including the Web, Mobile, Social Networking, Digital Strategy, Digital Content and Digital ERP. The Digital Content team delivers and deploys strategy, design, and implementation of web content management, digital asset management, and other technology solutions in the digital content space.
The Deloitte Digital - Digital Web Practice
Deloitte Digital offers services that enable client solutions using digital technologies, including the Web, Mobile, Social Networking, Digital Strategy, Digital Content and Digital ERP. The Digital Web team works with clients to advise, design, implement and deploy eCommerce and Portal solutions. Our eCommerce capabilities provide transactional solutions related to online marketing, sales and service; for both Direct-To-Consumer and Business-to-Business. Our Portal capabilities provide intranet and internet solutions focused on content presentment and transaction capabilities for both internal enterprise as well as customer facing purposes.
Who We Are
Deloitte Digital does mobile. Here, left-brain meets right, and business, creative, and technology intersect. We're all about creating digital experiences that make sense for our clients and keep their audiences coming back for more. And we're more than bright and shiny apps- we deliver exceptional mobile solutions for top brands, and we have a great time doing it.
Information Management : Plan, design, and implement solutions that deliver and analyze information efficiently for competitive advantage
Oracle Package Technologies : Performs advisory and implementation services to address manufacturing, financial, human resources, customer relationship management, procurement, order management, supply chain, and other business needs throughout the enterprise leveraging the full suite of Oracle products (i.e. Oracle EBS, PeopleSoft, JD Edwards, and Edge Products)
SAP Package Technologies : Perform advisory and implementation services to address manufacturing, financial, human resources, customer relationship management, supply chain, and other business needs throughout the enterprise with the full suite of SAP products
Systems Integration : Provide Technology Solution Development and Integration across the SDLC including requirements, functional specs, design, custom development, integration, testing, and deployment. Deloitte's SI Capability maintains a strong focus on structuring, managing, and implementing complex technical solutions requiring deep business expertise, process optimization, and business operations knowledge to achieve significant and measurable business value
Technology Strategy & Architecture: Deliver Technology Advisory and Implementation solutions that extract and maximize business value from IT investments. Encompasses architecture, engineering, and operations services for the IT strategy, innovation, operations, and infrastructure required to deliver efficient and effective platforms fundamental to business success
Deloitte Consulting LLP is one of the world's leading management consulting firms for executable strategy, operations, technology, and human capital advisory services. The consulting practice is built around integrated core capabilities - people, process and technology and industry expertise - the capabilities needed to help clients to tackle their most complex challenges.
Deloitte Consulting's technology professionals help clients identify and solve their most critical information and technological challenges. We provide advisory through end-to-end implementation services as well as outsourcing services and are recognized in the marketplace for capabilities across the spectrum.
Our experienced technology professionals offer deep technical experience in their area of focus and are committed to delivering efficient, technology-based solutions to our clients. Our professionals are also aligned to industry sectors. By combining our technical capabilities with our industry experiences, we create unmatched market offerings to solve our clients' business issues. Additionally, we have long-term partnerships with many of the world's leading technology companies, allowing us to understand solution alternatives and recommend and support the most appropriate solution for our clients. By leveraging these elements, we are able to help our clients convert leading edge ideas into tangible results.
Our professionals are aligned with a technology service line to promote the development of deep technical skills and experiences and improve our ability to tailor solutions to solve our clients' business issues.
Deloitte Consulting's Life Sciences and Health Care Service practice consists of our health provider clinical transformation/clinical information systems and revenue cycle services which are designed to assist our clients shape the evolution of the industry.
We deliver our broad range of services through an integrated, collaborative approach between our practitioners, clients and alliances. We have built our practice around practitioners with significant years of industry experience as well as broad range of comprehensive solutions that are designed specifically to address the complex operating and technology challenges of the health care industry.
Health Plans face a number of unique environmental pressures that affect the way they will conduct business today and in the future -among them a need for increased privacy and security, an intense focus on risk management, access to capital, efforts to consolidate and streamline IT functions, the launch of new consumer-driven business models, managing chronic diseases through medical management practices, maximizing e-business-driven platforms, implementing health plan-specific customer relationship management tools and complying with increasing financial and transactional legislation. Our healthcare professionals can help clients address these and other challenges in today's complex health care environment.
Essential functions of a Senior Manager at Deloitte Consulting:
A Senior Manager at Deloitte is expected to contribute to the firm's growth and development in a variety of ways, including:
· Engagement Management: Lead engagement planning and budgeting; mobilize and manage engagement teams; define deliverable structure and content; facilitate buy-in of proposed solutions from top management levels at the client; direct on-time, quality delivery of work products; manage engagement economics; manage engagement risk
· Client Management: Manage day to day interactions with executive clients and sponsors
· Business Development: Develop and maintain contact with top decision makers at key clients; organize and lead pursuit teams; participate and lead aspects of the proposal development process; contribute to the development of proposal pricing strategies
· Practice Development & Eminence: Develop practical solutions and methodologies; develop "thoughtware" and "point-of-view" documents; participate in public speaking events; get published in industry periodicals
· People Development: Perform role of counselor and coach; provide input and guidance into the staffing process; actively participate in staff recruitment and retention activities; provide leadership and support for delivery teams and staff in local offices
Senior Managers in the IT Strategy & Effectiveness practice are required to have:
· 10 years of relevant consulting or industry experience
· At least 4 years of experience managing large technology engagements
· 8+ years in IT strategy related roles with 5+ years in IT leadership or IT management roles
· 5+ years of Life Sciences and Healthcare Industry experience
· A willingness to travel 80 - 100% of the time (Monday - Thursday/Friday)
· Business development experience and high comfort level meeting with and presenting to CxO and VP levels
· Demonstrated experience in business process improvement, leveraging information and technology
· Clear understanding and experience with IT economics - including popular financial measures (such as CFROI, TCO etc)
· Experience with IT organization design and management principles/techniques, as well as IT management tools (e.g., Mercury, PlanView, ProSight, Niku)
· Experience managing large, complex projects with 12+ resources within a consulting environment, with a vendor or within an enterprise IT team
· An advanced degree in the area of specialization
Senior Managers in the IT Strategy & Effectiveness practice are also required to have at least 4 full lifecycle project experience in one or more of the following areas:
- IT Strategy & Alignment - Delivering IT Strategies driven both from a top down analysis starting with an articulated business strategy and a bottom up technology capability analysis. Experiences include:
- IT/Business Alignment
- IT Transformation
- IT Organization/Operating Model
- IT Assessment/Due Diligence
- Improving Business Performance
- Developing Functional Strategies
- IT Effectiveness - Assisting clients in formalizing the tools and processes needed to understand how IT resources and programs create shareholder (business) value, and how to improve IT resource allocation to maximize value. Experiences include:
- IT Performance Management
- IT Portfolio Management
- IT Sourcing/Outsourcing/Offshoring
- IT Cost Allocation/Chargeback
- IT Cost Reduction
- IT Talent and Resource Management
- IT Compliance/Risk Management
- Program Leadership/PMO
- IT Merger Integration
In addition, successful Senior Managers in the IT Strategy & Effectiveness practice will have the following preferred background:
· Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments
· Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint)
· Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
· Eagerness to mentor junior staff
· MBA preferred
Our practitioners work in integrated project teams on a range of projects covering the entire lifecycle from planning through to design, development and the deployment of solutions. These project teams will often include specialists from other technical disciplines from within the consulting practice and from our clients. A focus on team work is therefore critical.
Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organizations in the United States, specializing in audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory services with clients in more than 20 industries. We provide powerful business solutions to some of the world's most well-known and respected companies, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100. About Deloitte
At Deloitte, you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you'll have the chance to give back to your community, make a positive impact on the environment, participate in a range of diversity and inclusion initiatives, and find the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. Our commitment to individual choice lets you customize aspects of your career path, your educational opportunities and your benefits. And our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business and your clients' will be heard.
As used in this document, “Deloitte” means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Disclaimer: If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers' site (careers.deloitte.com) or one of our approved job boards we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at careers.deloitte.com.