- Network Software Engineer
- Analytical, Application, ASIC, Development, Embedded, Embedded Systems, Engineer, Engineering, Ethernet, J2EE, Java, Linux, Network, Networking, Networks, Programming, Security, Software, Software Engineer, Source Code, Specification, System, Systems, Test, Testing, Test Plan
- Date Posted:
- Santa Clara, CA
- Area Code:
- Employ. Type:
- Pay Rate:
- Job Length:
- See Job Description
- Position ID:
- Dice ID:
- Travel Required:
Here, you're free to deliver solutions that make a real difference in people's lives. Your teams will be rewarded for curiosity and for bringing different perspectives to the table. And there will always be opportunities for you to learn, to grow, and to succeed while you bring new solutions to our customers. Let's see what we can dream up together.
Network Software Engineer
Network Software Engineer
Responsible for the development of the Networking related features of an SDN Controller. The Object Oriented development will be on a Clustered Linux platform using Java/J2EE framework.
Will also work with cross-functional teams to ensure products meet functionality, cost and reliability requirements.
- Design and Development of core controller software to configure and manage end-to-end virtual and physical Ethernet networks
- Generation of comprehensive feature specification documents
- Generating Dell specific test plan development and execution
- Preparation of technical product documentation used internally and externally
Minimum of 7 years of experience in Networking related software development.
- Understanding of workings of Broadcom switching ASIC in an Ethernet switch.
- Experience in implementing L2/L3 features such as QOS, Private VLAN, LAG, Multi chassis LAG in the Forwarding Plane.
- Experience of generic controller (server-client based) or Ethernet switch control plane software.
- Strong programming skills and hands-on development experience under Linux
- Development/debugging experience in complex system issues dealing with resources, synchronization, message processing, and concurrency
- Prior experience in multi-threading, multi-core, and real-time high availability embedded systems
- Hands on experience with network testing and troubleshooting tools
- Excellent analytical skill and critical thinking
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of network application/appliances, hypervisor technology (VmWare, KVM, Xen)
- Development with open source code in a commercial product
- Experience of Advanced Ethernet networking technology
- Experience working with Open vSwitch.
- Previous experience working with HW acceleration for networking, DPI, security
Department: Engineering - Software Development Engineer