Company: 8x8, Inc.
Location: USA - CA - San Jose
Functional Area: Network Operations
Employment Type: Regular, Full-time
Title: Sr. Operations Support Engineer
Job ID #: 5100 .0025
The Senior Operations Support Engineer provides Operations product support for the 8x8 Virtual Contact Center (VCC) application. This position is responsible for the creation, managing and resolution of change requests. The Senior Operations Support Engineer will be largely responsible for supporting initial application deployments, infrastructure upgrades, software upgrades, patching, and ongoing support for this mission critical 24x7 hosted application. The position also creates and maintains documentation for supported applications and must be prepared to become a subject matter expert on networking and infrastructure issues. This person relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals and performs a variety of tasks while working under minimal supervision. A high degree of creativity and operational discipline is required.
- Provide internal application support for a wide variety of clustered systems, stand alone servers, applications, batch processes, bad balancers, various network LAN/ WAN devices, batch processes, and databases
- Develop scripts/web-tools for automating Operations and customer support common issues and procedures (tools to improve first-call resolution, etc)
- Write, review, and execute complex Intervention Plans with strict Change Control Management
- Maintain, deploy, and support monitoring systems (nagios, cacti, argus)
- Identify new monitoring metrics and develop scripts to monitor
- Manage and triage multiple incident cases within SLAs and provide up-to-date details on each.
- Respond to emergency operational needs which will require after hours support.
- Provide documentation for workarounds and file bugs for detected application issues.
- Participate in scheduled maintenances and System upgrades as needed.
- Provide notification and escalation for maintenance and outage activity.
- Provide on-call pager support during off-hours as needed
- Follow and develop prescribed procedures and document all work performed in the ticket system.
- Build strong relationships with internal and external customers.
- Share knowledge and best practices with other company personnel by training and documentation.
- Must be prepared to become the knowledge expert around infrastructure and systems