- Java/J2EE Team Lead/Architect
- San Francisco, CA
- Position ID:
- Dice ID:
At Deloitte, your work will be challenging and meaningful. You'll have the chance to give back to your community and help the environment. You'll find the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. And you'll meet people from a variety of backgrounds and experiences who will become respected colleagues, and perhaps lifelong friends. But where you take your career is up to you. To learn more about Deloitte, visit our Careers site.
Java/J2EE Team Lead/Architect
Systems Development Practice:
The Systems Development Practice delivers and deploys custom developed applications for our clients, including prototyping, code development, modularization, unit testing, performance testing, configuration and defect management, and production deployment.
Essential functions of a Senior Consultant at Deloitte Consulting:
A Senior Consultant at Deloitte works within an engagement team and is responsible for identifying business requirements, requirements management, functional design, prototyping, process design (including scenario design, flow mapping), testing, training, defining support procedures and supporting implementations.
Senior Consultants in the System Development practice are required to have:
- 4 years of relevant consulting or industry experience
- At least 2 years of experience leading teams
- A minimum of 2 full system development life cycle implementations
- At least 2 years of experience with solution development and application architecture with JEE(J2EE) or .Net.
- At least 2 years of business process analysis, mapping, and design.
- At least 2 years of experience in requirements analysis and performing current state system analysis
- At least 2 years of performing conceptual and technical designs, including the use of object-oriented analysis and design techniques
- A willingness to travel 80 - 100% of the time
In addition, successful Senior Consultants will have the following preferred background:
- Testing, including all phases: System, Integration, and Performance Testing and ensuring traceability
- Experience with enterprise applications such as Siebel, SAP, Peoplesoft, Oracle
- Experience with Middleware and/or SOA based implementations.
- Experience with methodologies including, but not limited to, Agile, RUP, or Waterfall
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint)
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
- Eagerness to mentor junior staff
- A Bachelor's Degree
- An advanced degree in the area of specialization
At Deloitte, you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you'll have the chance to give back to your community, make a positive impact on the environment, participate in a range of diversity and inclusion initiatives, and find the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. Our commitment to individual choice lets you customize aspects of your career path, your educational opportunities and your benefits. And our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business and your clients' will be heard.
As used in this document, “Deloitte” means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Disclaimer: If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers' site (careers.deloitte.com) or one of our approved job boards we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at careers.deloitte.com.
Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organizations in the U.S., specializing in audit, tax, consulting and financial advisory services with clients in more than 20 industries. We provide powerful business solutions to some of the world's most well-known and respected companies, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100. Learn more.