- Public Sector-Retirement/Pension Benefits Systems Senior Consultant
- Dallas, TX
- Position ID:
- Dice ID:
At Deloitte, your work will be challenging and meaningful. You'll have the chance to give back to your community and help the environment. You'll find the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. And you'll meet people from a variety of backgrounds and experiences who will become respected colleagues, and perhaps lifelong friends. But where you take your career is up to you. To learn more about Deloitte, visit our Careers site.
Public Sector-Retirement/Pension Benefits Systems Senior Consultant
State Government- Pension Administration
For over 30 years, Deloitte has helped numerous organizations administer the pension benefits of millions of members. Through the implementation of Deloitte's Pension Administration Solution (DPAS), our clients have paid billions of dollars in benefits to disabled and retired members. We are a proven partner in pension administration and service delivery; and bring technology, business and project management experience to our clients' challenges. Our practitioners are dedicated to working with public sector clients and bring a broad range of experience and skills to our clients' challenges.
Public Sector Practice
Deloitte Consulting is in the business of enabling governments to deliver extraordinary advantages to citizens through unprecedented efficiency, accountability, and responsiveness. Our mission is simple - to help governments serve the 21st century citizen. As an organization with deep commercial industry knowledge, Deloitte Consulting's Public Sector Practice is a source of best practices in Strategy, Financial Management, Enterprise Risk Management, Technology Integration, and Human Capital. Our government clients turn to us for better insights into leading strategies and to tap into our network of prominent teams across our industry programs. Deloitte Consulting has the people, the experience and the resources to meet the needs of our clients.
Essential attributes of a functionally focused Senior Consultant at Deloitte Consulting:
A Senior Consultant at Deloitte works within an engagement team and is responsible for identifying business requirements, requirements management, functional design, prototyping, process design (including scenario design, flow mapping), testing, training, defining support procedures and supporting implementations.
Senior Consultants in the Public Sector practice are required to have:
- 1 year of experience in design, development or implementation phases (business or technical) of a modernization for a public employee retirement system
· 1 year of experience in benefits payroll
· 1 year of experience working with data exchanges and interfaces for pay
· 4 years of relevant consulting or industry experience
· 3+ years of experience with Requirements Management and Traceability Tools such as HP Quality Center and IBM RequisitePro and IBM Rational Requirements Composer
· 3+ years of experience with Prototyping tools such as iRise and Business Process Modeling tools such as ARIS
· 2 + years of experience with Unified Modeling Language (UML) for business modeling (work flows) and object modeling
· 3+ years of experience with Agile, Scrum, Waterfall or RUP Methodologies
· 3+ years of experience in translating requirements into optimized designs, and identifying design alternatives and implications on functionality, effort, performance and operations
· A willingness to travel 80 - 100% of the time
In addition, successful Senior Consultants will have the following preferred background:
· Experience with accounting transactions for benefits payroll.
· Have obtained one of the following formal qualifications:
- Certified Associate Business Analyst (CABA) or Certified Software Business Analyst (CSBA) from the International Standard of Definition for Professional Status in IT Software Quality
- Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) from the International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA)
- Certificate in Requirements Engineering or Business Analysis from the Information Systems Exam Board (ISEB)
· Experience conducting interviews with key stakeholders to understand and document the current business process
· Experience facilitating Joint Application Design sessions
· Experience defining future state business process
· Exposure to one or more of the following methodologies: CMM, CMMI, Six Sigma, PMBOK
· Exposure to TOGAF (or other architecture framework)
· Experience planning, tracking and delivering projects using Microsoft Project and documenting processes in Microsoft Visio
· Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Strong presentation and facilitation skills including development and delivery of Microsoft PowerPoint presentations
· Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
· Eagerness to mentor and grow junior staff
· A Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field
At Deloitte, you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you'll have the chance to give back to your community, make a positive impact on the environment, participate in a range of diversity and inclusion initiatives, and find the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. Our commitment to individual choice lets you customize aspects of your career path, your educational opportunities and your benefits. And our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business and your clients' will be heard.
Visit www.deloitte.com/us/careers to learn more about our culture, benefits and opportunities.
As used in this document, “Deloitte” means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers.
Disclaimer: If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers' site (careers.deloitte.com) or one of our approved job boards, we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at careers.deloitte.com.
Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organizations in the U.S., specializing in audit, tax, consulting and financial advisory services with clients in more than 20 industries. We provide powerful business solutions to some of the world's most well-known and respected companies, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100. Learn more.