Who We Are:
At Verizon, our people are busy changing the world—tackling the toughest challenges in areas like Healthcare, Energy, Public Safety, and Education. With an outward focus on our customers and integrity at our core, we're creating technology solutions that help businesses optimize their operations, families connect from anywhere, and whole communities leave smaller, greener footprints. The result? Widespread impact on the way people live, work and play across the entire globe.
That's why we need the best and the brightest minds to join our team. People like you—determined to push boundaries, drive real change, and help us create a smarter, better future for all.
What We Do:
From secure cloud computing, to Machine-to-Machine communications, to robust omnichannel experiences, we're spearheading tomorrow's innovations, today. Our solutions are empowering individuals, businesses, and communities everywhere to unlock their potential and realize the power of technology. That means connecting children to hands-on learning experiences, enabling global businesses to build mobile workforces, and helping municipalities run greener and more efficiently. Simply put: we're creating a better future. And you can be a part of it.
What We Offer:
On top of being a part of the company that's changing the world through groundbreaking technology, you'll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits so robust we call them Total Rewards.
- Medical, dental and vision
- Award-winning training
- Tuition assistance
- 401(k) savings plan
- Employee discounts on plans and technology
- Health and wellness programs
Ethernet Network Design Planner
- Ethernet Network Design Planner
- Architecture, Cisco, Ethernet, Networking, Networks, Research, Routers
- Date Posted:
- Walnut Creek, CA
- Area Code:
- Employ. Type:
- CON_CORP CON_IND CON_W2 CON_HIRE_CORP CON_HIRE_IND CON_HIRE_W2
- Position ID:
- Dice ID:
- Travel Required:
- One Verizon Way
- Basking Ridge, NJ 07920-1097
This position is an Ethernet network design planner. It requires extensive knowledge of Ethernet technology. In addition, the position requires a heightened awareness of current and evolving network trends. This position is responsible for bridging our past Ethernet architecture into the appropriate design for the future. The position requires the candidate to address strategic Ethernet network architecture planning in the context of broader market trends such as Cloud and Layer 2 Ethernet services. The position requires a holistic view of the integration of Customer Termination Equipment and Cloud strategies into the Ethernet network design. The candidate needs a knowledge of Ethernet, CPE/NID equipment, Cisco and Juniper routers, MPLS, Cloud, and Network Function Virtualization with an ability to condense these key components and trends into a defined network strategy for Layer 2 (Ethernet) networking. The position also requires the candidate possess a willingness to address the planning role from the viewpoint of serving customer needs and not isolate the planning function to technology factors.
Specific duties are:
- Assess new technology impact on Layer 2 service (Ethernet) introduction, defining architecture and strategy to provide services.
- Gain cross-organizational acceptance for new Layer 2 technology and architecture introduction across engineering, planning, marketing, and operations.
- Research and provide detail information in the formation of business cases to support entry into new Layer 2 products and technologies which either are complimentary to existing services, or are completely new areas like Cloud services.
- Develop and maintain cross-organizational alliances to assess the converged view of the combined networks and ensure the most efficient architecture across all products is being pursued by the various organizations.
- Write detailed requirements documents conveying the requirements for the network equipment
- Represent Verizon to external organizations and network equipment vendors to better understand industry trends and to help drive vendor support for Verizon products.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
- 6 or greater years of experience in a network technology field
- Ethernet technology knowledge preferred
- Innovative thinker who is also willing and capable of addressing day to day issues
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Verizon is a Federal Contractor
- Verizon requests veteran priority referrals
- Verizon is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer M/F/Disability/Vet.
Posted Date: 2014-09-19 20:27:43 UTC
Category: Data & Info Services