- Senior Principal Engineer - Software Applications
- Analysis, Architecture, C, Customer Service, Database, Development, DSP, Forth, HTTP, ISDN, Management, Multi-threaded, Programming, Project, Protocols, QA, Sales, Specification, Testing, Video
- Date Posted:
- Chelmsford, MA
- Area Code:
- Employ. Type:
- Job Length:
- Full Time
- Position ID:
- Dice ID:
- Travel Required:
- 300 Apollo Drive
- Chelmsford, MA 01824
- (978) 250-7900
- Senior Principal Engineer - Software Applications
- Chelmsford, MA
Aspect makes it easy for you to engage with your customers. We help companies deliver remarkable customer experiences across every conversation and every channel - voice, email, text, social, web -- through a single, elegant software platform. Whether delivered on premise, hosted, or in the cloud, this platform brings all the conversations together in one place, ensuring a consistent omni-channel customer experience each and every time. We are a global leader in providing unified interaction management, workforce optimization, and back-office solutions, seamlessly orchestrating people, processes and touch points for today's top brands. For more information, visit us at http://www.aspect.com/company/careers/
GENERAL SCOPE & SUMMARY
The Senior Principal Engineer is a key contributor to the design of a family of product components which typically define a major subset of a product line (for example UI, Server, Database, etc), and is responsible for the functionality and meeting the requirements completely. At this level, the Senior Principal Engineer has a complete understanding of the technologies needed to develop and debug issues for their product components and may be asked to evaluate tools and other technologies related to the product/component. The Senior Principal Engineer provides clear instruction for knowledge transfers and may coordinate development activities of other team members. Coordinates defect resolutions and supports customers directly if needed. The Senior Principal Engineer will be responsible for handling critical and complex customer problems in real-time and developing code fixes or enhancements to be included in future code releases and support customers directly if needed. The job requires
close interaction with the Development, QA, Support and Professional Services teams. The Senior Principal Engineer leverages technology to develop and validate the product component at an expert level, manages defect resolutions and coordinates code development with other engineers.
PRIMARY ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Requirements: 3 or more years of experience with handling real time media, VoIP, RTP, RTCP, C/C++
Bonus points: Device level & Interrupt Driven Programming, Boot Loaders, HDLC, ISDN,T1/E1, TI BIOS RTOS, TI DSP's:C6x family, cross-platform development experience, experience with Intel Integrated Performance Primitives (IPP), experience with Video-over-IP, WebRTC, filtergraph architecture, signaling protocols knowledge (SIP, MRCP, RTSP)
Analyzes, designs, programs, debugs, and does ongoing modification of software components.
Code may be used in commercial end-user applications, prototypes, or in test tools or other supporting programs.
Using the required programming languages and other technologies, writes code, completes programming, and performs testing and debugging of applications.
May interact with internal cross-functional members to better understand system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
Responsible for the design, development, testing, documentation and analysis of modules or features of new or upgraded software systems and products.
Develops and/or executes implementation according to project plans and priorities.
May participate in development in any of a range of product areas such as thin client, rich client, server, installation, communication layers, and so forth.
Reviews and provides suggestion on roadmap direction.
Troubleshoot, analyze, replicate, regress and resolve complex field software problems escalated to engineering.
Come up with solutions/implementations to consistently improve product stability, scalability, and performance.
Design, implement and test, escalated enhancement feature requests to enhance functionality as needed with minimal risk to existing product stability, reliability and performance.
Responsible for handling critical customer problems in real-time and developing code fixes or enhancements to be included in future code releases or patches.
Coordinate, respond, track and follow-up on customer problem reports/technical support requests for Engineering. Craft sound technical plan of action for complex problems and execute them to resolution.
Reproduce customer issues and resolve them by either establishing a workaround or a solution, or by debugging and creating a bug fix.
Work with support engineers, professional services and sales engineers to investigate and handle customer and field escalated cases.
Create and document best practices guidelines and knowledge base articles.
Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance.
Provides estimated timelines for issues reported from the field.
Ensures products are up to date with 3rd party components that are in use.
Proactively identify non-compliance of code against requirements/standards/design and raise defects.
Must be able to switch between multiple tasks based on dynamic changing priorities.
Mentor junior members in the team.
Work with members in the organization across various time zones.
Reviews design, architecture and implementation done by junior staff keeping in mind overall product impact.
Provide technical leadership to the team.
Direct interaction with customers and vendors.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
* Specialist with advanced skills in engineering tools, methods and processes.
* Ability to communicate complex information to internal and external audiences.
* Solves advanced or very complex technical problems of a broad nature.
* Works on extremely complex problems where analysis of situation or data requires an evaluation of intangible various factors.
* Provides the technical expertise and/or direction for multiple complex projects of a development or technology group.
* Develops project plans.
* Ability to regularly learn and apply new technologies in an accelerated manner.
* Demonstrates technical flexibility, and creativity in problem solving.
* Ability to think strategically and influence a broad group.
* Professional demeanor to maintain and enhance relationships.
* Strong customer service and teamwork skills.
* Independently works with management on a department-wide level.
* Partners with management team in developing tactical plans and objectives for the department and development for the company as a whole.
* Provides the technical expertise and/or direction to less experienced team members.
* Actively contributes to design or process development in a broad scope.
* Contributes to the design specification of a product.
* Experience in multi-threaded programming and object-oriented design.
* Experience with software debugging tools and techniques.
* Experience in advanced design concepts like Design Patterns
* 5+ years of experience.
* Candidates must work out of our Chelmsford, MA or Orlando, FL office.
* Four year degree in technical or engineering field a plus.
* Ability to pass a background check may also be required.
* Physical requirements include sitting for long periods of time.
* Travel to customer sites on need basis.
* Participate in on-call rotation.
Aspect is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people, including women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, veterans or any other legally protected group.
This position is not open to any third party recruiters, consultants and/or staffing vendors at this time.
Req. #: 2014-7110
Physical Work Location: Company Facility
Years Relevant Experience: 5+ years
Job Classification: Fulltime-Regular
Aspect makes it easy for you to engage with your customers. We help companies deliver remarkable customer experiences across every conversation and every channel – voice, email, text, social, web – through a single, elegant software platform. Whether delivered on premise, hosted, or in the cloud, this platform brings all the conversations together in one place, ensuring a consistent omni-channel customer experience each and every time. We are a global leader in the provision of unified interaction management, workforce optimization, and back-office solutions, seamlessly orchestrating people, processes and touch points for today’s top brands.