- Evolution Services, Inc.
- Network Architect
- Network Security, Information systems, Information Security, Network Architecture
- Date Posted:
- Milwaukee, WI
- Area Code:
- Employ. Type:
- Pay Rate:
- Job Length:
- Position ID:
- Dice ID:
- Travel Required:
- Network Architect
- Milwaukee, WI
Hope you are doing great
Position: Network Architect
Location: Milwaukee, WI
- Requires 10 years of experience in information systems applications with 5 years of related experience at the architect level in the architecture, design, implementation and management of large, complex enterprise data network. Experience with leading complex telecom technology and services initiatives.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Strong analytical thinker able to break down complex problems and issues into their key components.
- Self-starter comfortable taking the initiative and making decisions on the best available information.
- Detail oriented with ability to handle project complexity, identifying key elements with ability to define detailed project work-break-down structures and incorporate them into project plans.
- Delivery focused and tenacious. Able to work through the challenges and frustrations associated with large complex projects while focusing on the key project objectives.
- Team oriented. Able to both lead and serve on a wide variety of teams comprised of diverse players. Natural leader who can adapt their style to match the particular needs of the project and team.
- Strong influencing skills. Able to influence peers, superiors and sub-ordinates.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other related field.
- Responsible for the architecture of the Clients network. Leads a team of network engineers in developing the overall architecture for the Clients network, including both wired and wireless components, and the design and implementation of the network based on these principles. Provides technical leadership to the network team leading the assessment of new technologies and establishing performance and reliability specifications for major network components and functions.
- Develops an integrated the Clients network architecture ensuring a high level of stability and performance that is easily scalable to accommodate future growth and provides adequate redundancy while controlling technical complexity and cost.
- Leads a team of network engineers in designing and implementing major network changes and upgrades to ensure compatibility with the overall architecture.
- Establishes performance targets for the major network components, such as the core, regional hubs, peripheral connections and wireless segments, and the means by which they will be monitored and reported.
- Develops a versatile network architecture allowing for high service levels and a secure platform for expansion of new services. Assesses new technologies and protocols for incorporation into the Clients network architecture. Oversees the quality assurance and definition of company service standards for the data operations.
- Provides technical leadership to the networking team acting as key internal consultant on networking issues across the IS organization.
- Ensures ability to actively monitor network traffic patterns and performance for both troubleshooting and reporting purposes.
- Assesses the stability, performance and reliability of the wireless network and establishes realistic performance targets. Balances the conflicting demands of network stability, performance, scalability, redundancy, complexity and cost.
- Assesses the implications of adding non-data network traffic, such as voice, video and RF tracking, from a cost, risk and benefit perspective.