- APN Software Services, Inc
- SAP SCM Manager (PA/FULL TIME)
- sap and SCM and supply and chain and (MM or PP or WM or PM) and forecast* and plan* and cycle and logistics
- Date Posted:
- Radnor, PA
- Area Code:
- Employ. Type:
- FULLTIME CON_W2
- Pay Rate:
- As per market
- Job Length:
- full time
- Position ID:
- Dice ID:
- Travel Required:
- Anand Singh
- (510) 402-4703
- SAP SCM Manager (PA/FULL TIME)
- Radnor, PA
SAP SCM Manager (5983)
Location: Radnor, PA
• Managing and leading a team (preferably in a staff function having direct reports, as opposed to consulting)
• Hands-on SAP configuration experience (in SAP SCM modules – MM, PP, WM, PM)
• Project Management experience
• Experience preparing and managing budgets
• Ability to lead a team in a complex environment with conflicting priorities
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
Provide leadership to the Supply Chain Management (SCM) Team including, but not limited to; prioritization of business initiatives, coordination of project-related deliverables, professional guidance to ensure career development, creating opportunities for education and advancement, and ensuring the stability of the information technology infrastructure (systems, software, etc).
The SCM Manager will also be responsible for configuration and maintenance of computer systems and business process solutions in support of Airgas business utilizing SAP functionality and various e-business solutions. The ability to analyze, design, test and implement systems, which enable the business community to achieve their goals and objectives, is critical to the success of this role.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Lead and support the SCM Team responsible for development and maintenance of Supply Chain Management functionality including:
• MRP and Forecasting
• Production Planning Execution
• Make to Order
• Logistics Execution
• Assist in the development and execution of the IT Strategic Plan, which aligns IT initiatives with business goals and strategies
• Lead efforts to deliver IT applications to the business community by leveraging resources, and third party relationships
• Participate in departmental budget preparation and assume responsibility for managing team specific items
• Work with business community to develop business cases that help justify and prioritize initiatives while adhering to overall business plan.
• Work with business community to define requirements, goals & objectives, critical success factors, project barriers, resources etc with the ultimate goal of delivering the correct solution.
• Lead IT teams through the application development life cycle while adhering to standard project management methodologies. Focus must be placed on quality of deliverables, adherence to scope, and strong management to ensure that projects are delivered on time and within budget.
• Lead efforts to evaluate, select, design and implement new systems
• Manage third party relationships, including, but not limited to, contract negotiations, delivery of agreed upon service levels, periodic service reviews and information sharing with the goal of maintaining a cohesive partnership.
• Develop and maintain a high-performing / highly motivated team, by establishing challenging career opportunities, and implementing development programs.
• Prepare written documentation such as process flowcharts and narratives that define systems, problems, and solutions designed to enhance or resolve business situations
• Interview end-users to understand and document business functional requirements
• Translate end-user requirements into detailed program specifications that are provided to programmers (both internal and external) for systems development
• Create unit and linkage test plans that ensure programs meet systems requirements
• Work with end-users to develop, document, and execute systems test plans to ensure programs meet systems requirements
• Develop procedures, processes and guidelines for systems that are efficient and focused on the quality of the process or end-state deliverable
• Work with a great deal of autonomy, conferring with manager on unusual matters
• Substantial latitude for decision making with regard to assignments, advising manager after-the-fact. This includes, but is not limited to, implementing corrective measures to cure system related issues, allocating and directing resources to focus on priority items, setting direction to ensure that systems are scalable, reusable and robust.
• Coordinate and assist in development and execution of system conversions
• Develop procedures, processes and guidelines that are efficient and focused on the quality of the process or end-state deliverable
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Bachelor’s degree in management information systems, computer science, and/or business, or equivalent work experience
• 6 – 8 years experience in an Information Technology systems analysis function, working with end-users to translate business requirements into systems specifications
• 1 – 3 years experience in an Information Technology project management capacity, coordinating multiple projects / resources, establishing priorities and mentoring team members
• Familiar with all stages of the system development life cycle from design through post-implementation
• Two to Three full life cycle SAP Implementations a must
• Excellent written and oral communications skills; ability to lead discussions, present ideas to audiences of all sizes, and interact with all levels of the organization
• Excellent analytical skills
• Ability and flexibility to quickly learn new applications and software
• Ability to work with teams or independently
• Experienced in leading / project managing specific pieces of work, people and/or deliverables
• Experience in business specifically in processes around wholesale distribution and retail a plus
• Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite
• Solid organization, time management, and project estimating skills
• Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines, both as an individual contributor and as a team member.
• Willingness and ability to travel as required
APN Software Services, Inc .
39899 Balentine Drive, Suite 385, Newark, CA 94560.
Direct: 510.402.4703 | Fax: 510.623.5055 | Email: email@example.com