- Dice Holdings, Inc
- Software Engineer
- Java, Java EE, SQL, NoSQL, JPA2, Hibernate, Spring
- Date Posted:
- Santa Clara, CA
- Area Code:
- Employ. Type:
- Pay Rate:
- Job Length:
- Position ID:
- Dice ID:
- Travel Required:
- Software Engineer
- Santa Clara, CA
Dice is a fast-growing provider of specialized career sites that cater to distinct professional communities. Our primary mission is to help professionals in the communities we serve find the best job opportunities and further their careers. Our focus and commitment sets us apart from the competition. To learn more about our brands please visit www.diceholdings.com.
When you become a Dice team member, you join a company that values their loyal and enthusiastic employees by providing them a competitive salary, great benefits, including a 401(k) match, generous paid time off, casual dress, wellness program, fitness club reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, and more. Learn more about the benefits of Dice, directly from our employees, by visiting www.dice.com/workatdice.
There’s a reason why we have such great talent retention – our work environment. If you like working at a company where individual contribution matters and is recognized, where you can have both autonomy and support to achieve your goals and where creativity and accomplishment are rewarded, then you should consider Dice Holdings.
Our teams are growing and our Technology Department has an immediate need for a Software Engineer in our Santa Clara, California office. In this position you will be part of a talented software team that works on building platform services that are consumed by mission-critical applications. Specifically, this role is accountable for Java/Java EE application development while providing expertise in the full software development lifecycle, from concept and design to testing.
In this position you will:
- Design and develop high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems, delivering high-availability and performance.
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code.
- Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications.
- Prepare and produce releases of software components.
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- 3+ years of hands-on Software Development experience
- 3+ years of experience in Java development
- Hands on experience in designing and developing applications using Java EE platforms
- Object oriented analysis and design using common design patterns.
- Profound insight of Java and JEE internals (Basic Java, Collections, Classloading, Memory Management, Transaction management etc)
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL, NoSQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate)
- Experience/Knowledge in the Spring Framework
- Experience in developing web applications using at least one popular web framework (JSF, Wicket, GWT, Spring MVC, Struts)
- Experience with test-driven development
- Knowledge of Solr and Big Data will be an advantage.
Dice is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Reference, Background, and Credit Checks Required.
Dice.com is designed for the specific needs of technology professionals, enabling them to perform highly targeted job searches based on specific criteria, including location, type of employment, skillset and keyword. Dice.com also provides job search tools such as search agents, resume posting and career-related content. The job postings available in the Dice.com database, from both technology and non technology companies across many industries, include a wide variety of technology positions for software engineers, systems administrators, database specialists and project managers, and a variety of other technology and engineering professionals.
Dice.com provides specific tools and resources to help recruiters and human resources managers improve the effectiveness of their recruitment processes. Our resume database search capabilities allow customers to quickly and efficiently find candidates with specialized skill sets that match desired criteria. Due to our exclusive focus on the technology industry, our customers can find results faster and easier than on other, less targeted services.