Not the best IT in health care. The best IT.
- Job Category:
- Business / Strategic Management
- Reference Code:
- Position Type:
Information Technology careers at UnitedHealth Group. Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that’s improving the lives of millions. We’re using mobile apps, game technology, the cloud and next-generation security to help millions live healthier lives. Here, innovation isn’t about another gadget, it’s about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There’s no room for error. This is high performance IT. Are you in? Learn more. And start doing your life’s best work.℠
VBA Applications Developer - Kingston, NY
- Designing, coding, testing, debugging, documenting and supporting all types of applications consistent with established specifications and business requirements to deliver business value
- Developing pioneering approaches to emerging industry trends
- Contribute to development team and help to achieve key business objectives
- Contribute to large, complex projects to achieve key business objectives
- Collaborate with the team on application architecture design and decision-making
- Design and implement application enhancements in collaboration with different teams
- Solves unique and complex problems with broad impact on the business
- Translates highly complex concepts in ways that can be understood by a variety of audiences
- Generally work is self-directed and not prescribed
- Works with less structured, more complex issues
- Serves as a resource to others
- 2+ years of experience with databases
- 2+ years of VBA experience (Visual Basic for Application)
- Advanced MS Excel and Access experience
- Bachelor's Degree OR High School Diploma/GED + 3 years of equivalent experience
- Healthcare knowledge and experience
- Experience with VB.Net or C#
- MS SQL Server Management Studio experience
UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual is part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group one of the leaders across most major segments of the US health care system.
When you work with UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual, what you do matters. It's that simple and it's that challenging.
In providing consumer-oriented health benefit plans to millions of people, our goal is to create higher quality care, lower costs and greater access to health care. Join us and you will be empowered to achieve new levels of excellence and make a profound and personal impact as you contribute to new innovations in a vital and complex system.
Regardless of your role at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual, the support you feel all around you will enable you to do what you do with energy, integrity, and confidence. So take the first step in what is sure to be a fast paced and highly diversified career.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
Job Title: VBA Applications Developer - Kingston, NY
Shift: Day Job
Business: Natl Accts Speciality
Family: Information Technology
Telecommuter Position: No
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Overtime Status: Exempt
Country: United States
Department: Natl Accts Empire
Position ID: 537966
Position Type: FULLTIME