- Quality Engineer
- API, Automated, Benchmark, Development, HTTP, Java, Jenkins, Manager, Performance Testing, Python, Quality Assurance, Release, Scripts, Testing, XML
- Date Posted:
- Coleman Falls, VA
- Area Code:
- Employ. Type:
- Pay Rate:
- Job Length:
- See Job Description
- Position ID:
- Dice ID:
- Travel Required:
Here, you're free to deliver solutions that make a real difference in people's lives. Your teams will be rewarded for curiosity and for bringing different perspectives to the table. And there will always be opportunities for you to learn, to grow, and to succeed while you bring new solutions to our customers. Let's see what we can dream up together.
Quality Assurance Engineer - Location Flexible
The Dell Cloud Manager quality assurance team seeks a skilled quality assurance engineer to assist in the development, execution and evaluation of a variety of tests for the DCM service. DCM is unique in that both a SaaS service and an on-premises product are created from the same code base, and thus this is a unique opportunity to blend testing automation and continuous integration with multiple release models. The successful candidate will drive a number of test initiatives, build and maintain automated integration and performance testing, and coordinate daily testing efforts with our testing partners.
Dell Software empowers companies of all sizes to experience Dell's "Power to Do More" by delivering scalable yet simple-to-use solutionsto drive value and accelerate results.We are uniquely positioned to address today's most pressing business and IT challenges with holistic, connected software offerings. Dell Software Group's portfolio now includes the products and technologies of Quest Software, AppAssure, Enstratius, Boomi, KACE and SonicWALL. For more information, please visit http://software.dell.com/ .
-Designing, developing and executing test plans, including manual and automated test plans, to identify problems and their causes.
-Designing, writing, conducting and analyzing system tests for scenarios including stress testing, benchmark testing, user acceptance testing and analyze performance and scalability of the products.
-Isolating, reproducing, tracking and verifying bug reports, feature enhancements and support requests.
-Automating quality assurance tasks and test scripts.
-Interacting with developers, customer support and field engineers.
- 2+ years experience in a continuous integration software quality assurance environment
- 2+ years experience working in a Cloud Computing environment
- Experience with RESTful web services and APIs and understanding of automated testing for web based API
- 2+ years use of XML and JSON
- 1+ year with UX automation for web applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with outstanding attention to detail
- 1+ year working on a highly distributed team
- 2+ years experience with UI automation frameworks like Selenium, Cucumber, TestNG, and Protractor
- Solid scripting skills with experience in an advanced scripting language like Python, Java
- Experience with build automation tools, especially Jenkins