- Enterprise Data Management - Senior Consultant
- Pittsburgh, PA
- Position ID:
- Dice ID:
At Deloitte, your work will be challenging and meaningful. You'll have the chance to give back to your community and help the environment. You'll find the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. And you'll meet people from a variety of backgrounds and experiences who will become respected colleagues, and perhaps lifelong friends. But where you take your career is up to you. To learn more about Deloitte, visit our Careers site.
Enterprise Data Management - Senior Consultant
Essential Functions of IM/EDM Senior Consultants:
- Engagement Management: Manage a small team or a component of the project; develop workplans for components of the engagement, determine the client needs by selecting and applying appropriate approaches, tools and techniques to assess the client's business.
- Client Management: Manage day to day interactions with clients teams and staff; communicate clearly and consistently on components objectives and activities; work closely with client to understand engagement changes implications and facilitate implementation.
- Business Development: Participate in aspects of the proposal development cycle; contribute to the development of proposal technical content; participate in the development of sales presentation or market positioning material.
- Practice Development & Eminence: Participate in the development of market-valued intellectual capital; contribute to the development of practical solutions and methodologies, "thoughtware" and "point-of-view" documents; participate in third parties and partners relationship building.
- People Development: Perform role of counselor and coach
- 4+ years of relevant data management consulting (master data, metadata, data architecture, data governance, data quality) or industry experience
- 2+ years of IM/EDM project experience through all phases of the project lifecycle from scoping and planning, requirements gathering, design, development, testing, and go live. This effort can be within a management consulting environment or industry
- Bachelors Degree or 4 years equivalent professional experience
- Strong implementation experience and deep knowledge in any one of the following three areas and knowledge of the other 2 areas at a minimum. Implementation experience in all the 3 areas preferred.
- Master Data Management
- Data Governance
- Data Quality
- Willingness to travel to client locations (100%)
- Significant experience leading components of data management engagements and team sizes ranging from 3 to 10 resources.
- Knowledge of the strategic business drivers and operational process requirements within at least one industry such as CPG, Gas and Oil, High Tech, Pharmaceuticals, Manufacturing, Insurance, Banking or similar industry. Must be able to link industry specific business requirements to EDM capability requirements.
- Knowledge of one or more EDM toolset (MDM, Metadata, Data Quality) such as SAP Netweaver/MDM suite (incl. Business Objects), Oracle PDM/DRM/DataHub/Hyperion MDM tools, IBM WebSphere MDM tools, Tibco, Kalido, Informatica, i2, SAS/DataFlux, Data Advantage Group / MetaCenter , Embarcadero Technologies, Global IDs / Metadata Crawler, Microsoft, Teradata, InfoLibrarian, LogicLibrary, and/or SchemaLogic
- Ability to recommend EDM process, governance, organizational and platform models, tool selections and application integration options to clients
- Experience transferring knowledge and best practices to client
- Experience working with client's Director and Manager level on a daily basis
- Possess strong understanding of software development methodologies (RUP, Agile or other SDLC).
- Ability to work independently, manage components of large engagements.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint).
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
- Willingness to mentor junior staff.
At Deloitte, you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you'll have the chance to give back to your community, make a positive impact on the environment, participate in a range of diversity and inclusion initiatives, and find the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. Our commitment to individual choice lets you customize aspects of your career path, your educational opportunities and your benefits. And our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business and your clients' will be heard.
As used in this document, “Deloitte” means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Disclaimer: If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers' site (careers.deloitte.com) or one of our approved job boards we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at careers.deloitte.com.
Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organizations in the U.S., specializing in audit, tax, consulting and financial advisory services with clients in more than 20 industries. We provide powerful business solutions to some of the world's most well-known and respected companies, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100. Learn more.