- Job Status:
- Job Location:
- San Jose, CA
- Job Number:
- Company URL:
- Dice ID:
About Our Company
eBay is the world's largest online marketplace. We enjoy our work and we'll be the first to admit it! We think it's because we are doing something that has never been done before. Creating this incredible new space where buyers and sellers come together to exchange just about anything. What we've done at eBay is promote the growth of communities where people can share similar interests about things they have or want.
Mobile Software Engineer, Quality
Native Applications Quality team is looking for a mobile guru who would like to play a key role qualifying cutting edge mobile native applications. The Mobile "CQ" team supports testing both the Android and Iphone Paypal Native Mobile applications. Our team practices Agile, in a fast-paced start up like environment that relies heavily on a tight relationship between engineering, CQ and Product.
We believe quality begins on Day 1 of development and are strong advocates for total customer quality. This position requires a self-motivated individual with strong technical and communication skills to handle responsibilities; implementing the latest mobile application automation test frameworks, test case creation/execution, test environment support, and manual testing.
The Mobile Software Engineer, Quality is a voracious consumer of mobile products and mobile technology. You must work well both on a team, and on your own. We require a candidate who can constantly bring the latest testing technologies to the team and can independently overcome and troubleshoot technical issues.
- Structured comprehensive functional & user experience test design & execution (Automated/Manual)
- Collaboration with engineering and product managers in the creation of comprehensive test plans
- Participate in mobile application automation framework maintenance
- Regression testing & bug writing
- Coordinating end to end "white box" validation with various backend teams
- Test environment support
- 4-6+ years experience in quality assurance with a solid knowledge of industry standard processes, protocols, tools, and methodologies is required
- 2+ years experience in mobile web or mobile app testing
- Experience working in Agile environment is preferred
- Experience with iOS and Android preferred
- Experience with Unix is preferred
- Experience with hands-on coding for mobile test automation tools is required
- Deep knowledge of mobile landscape and trends is a must
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced "start up" like environment a must
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
For immediate and confidential consideration, please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
PayPal is the faster, safer way to pay and get paid online, via a mobile device and in store. The service gives people simpler ways to send money without sharing financial information, and with the flexibility to pay using their account balances, bank accounts, credit cards or promotional financing. With 137 million active accounts in 193 markets and 26 currencies around the world, PayPal enables global commerce, processing almost 8 million payments every day. Because PayPal helps people transact anytime, anywhere and in any way, the company is a driving force behind the growth of mobile commerce and expects to process $20 billion in mobile payments in 2013.
Every day at PayPal, we are changing the way the world does business by challenging the status quo, innovating and enabling business between millions of people across the globe. What we do at PayPal has never been done before and it has a tremendous impact! We build BIG and NEW products to drive worldwide commerce. Be it the next mobile payments solution, or a high availability money movement platform, we solve problems on a scale you just can't find elsewhere. PayPal continues to push the boundaries of technology by investing in individuals who passionately believe in the potential of innovative technologies that make up a global market place.
At PayPal/eBay, no matter which of our offices, brands, or locations you call home, you'll discover consistent benefits that are intended to support you—in your work, your life, your passions, and your future. This is where innovation meets reality! Are you an individual who is ready to grow and join our global community? Would you just like to know more about our latest and greatest projects? We would love to talk to you about it!
More information about this and other exciting positions can be found at https://www.jobs.ebaycareers.com