- Infrastructure Support - Service Line Technology Center (SLTC) - Federal Practice
- Arlington, VA
- Position ID:
- Dice ID:
At Deloitte, your work will be challenging and meaningful. You'll have the chance to give back to your community and help the environment. You'll find the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. And you'll meet people from a variety of backgrounds and experiences who will become respected colleagues, and perhaps lifelong friends. But where you take your career is up to you. To learn more about Deloitte, visit our Careers site.
Infrastructure Support - Service Line Technology Center (SLTC) - Federal Practice
InternalFirm Services ‑ Information Technology Support
ServiceLine Technology Center (SLTC) ‑Federal Practice ‑ Infrastructure Support
Dependingon relevant experience, this role may either be a Senior Professional orManager level.
Positionrequires only minimal travel.
This internalservices role works within an engagement team and is responsible foridentifying business requirements, requirements management, functional design,prototyping, process design (including scenario design, flow mapping), testing,training, defining support procedures and supporting implementations.
Managedelivery of organizational policies, standards and reference models as part ofthe overall IT strategy. This includes,but is not limited to:
- Envisioning currentand transition architectures for the Federal Program of back-office and clientservice delivery applications.
- Optimizationof information management
- Promotion ofshared infrastructure and applications to reduce costs and improve informationflows
- Work in acollaborative manner with solution architects to provide a consensus basedenterprice solution that is scalable, adaptable and in sync with changingbusiness needs
- Manage riskassociated with information and IT assets through application of standards anddefined security policies
- Developstandards and guidelines that direct the selection development, implementationand use of Information technology within the Federal space.
- Build employeeknowledge and skills in specific areas of expertise
Successfulcandidates in SLTC IT Operations are required to have:
- 3+ years relevantconsulting or industry experience for Senior Professional level
- (5+ yearsfor Manager level, with 2+ years experience leading teams)
- Minimum of 2full life cycle implementations
- 3+ years ofrelevant technology architecture industry or consulting experience.
- 2+ years ofteam lead experience.
- Must haveparticipated in one or more projects involving the design, development andtesting of network architectures (build, run, operations, and security)that include integration of key software components such as web/applicationservers, middleware, RDBMS, development environments, operational components,and security products.
- Bachelor’s Degree or four years equivalent professional experience.
Qualified candidates are also required to have experience covering at least one full life-cycle project in one or more of the following areas:
- Familiarwith FISMA,NIST 800.53 Category 2(Moderate Baseline), NIST SP 800-37, FIPS199, 200, DIACAP per DoD Instruction8510.01, Mission Assurance Category II (MAC), Data classifications: CUI, FOUO,SBU and ability to obtain government clearance
- Servers :Infrastructure, Platform Sizing, Consolidation, Tiered and Virtualized Storage,Automated Provisioning, Rationalization, Infrastructure Cost Reduction, ThinProvisioning.
- Storage : StorageCapacity Planning, Storage Area Network (SAN) Planning, Network AttachedStorage (NAS), Partitioning, Rationalization, Architecture, Design, DataMigration, Synchronization Technologies, File Systems.
- OperatingSystems and Software : Upgrade Planning and Implementation, LinuxOpportunity, Wintel Virtualization Architecture and Design, Solaris 8 to 10Upgrades, AIX 5.3 Virtualization, Clustering and Grid Computing,Linux-on-Mainframe.
- Open Source : CreatingPoint of View documents, Sizing and Performance Analyses, Selection andImplementation, Platform Design and Selection.
- Databases :Performance Tuning, Clustering Design, High availability Architectures
- Virtualization :Virtualization Server, Storage, Desktop, Network; Reducing Sprawl,
- Data Center :Optimization, Redesign, Consolidation, Co-location.
- CloudComputing :Types of clouds (Infrastructure, Platform, Software, Business), Disposition ofClouds (Public, Private, Hybrid, Community and Virtual Private), Cloud BusinessModels (Subscriber, Provider, Broker and Enabler).
- GreenTechnologies :LEED, Enterprise Sustainability, Virtualization, Power Management, Data CenterFacilities, Renewable Energy, Green Buildings, Innovation, Energy Management,Cooling Redesign, Power Efficient Servers, Data Center Migration/Consolidation,Server/Application Consolidation.
- Infrastructure-BasedProcesses :Monitoring, Capacity Planning, Facilities Management, Performance Tuning, AssetManagement, Disaster Recovery.
At Deloitte, you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you'll have the chance to give back to your community, make a positive impact on the environment, participate in a range of diversity and inclusion initiatives, and find the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. Our commitment to individual choice lets you customize aspects of your career path, your educational opportunities and your benefits. And our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business and your clients' will be heard.
As used in this document, “Deloitte” means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Disclaimer: If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers' site (careers.deloitte.com) or one of our approved job boards we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at careers.deloitte.com.
Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organizations in the U.S., specializing in audit, tax, consulting and financial advisory services with clients in more than 20 industries. We provide powerful business solutions to some of the world's most well-known and respected companies, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100. Learn more.