- Solutions Engineer
- Knowledge of J2EE and .Net frameworks like Struts, Servlets, Spring, EJB, Hibernate, .Net 3.0, 3.5 and 4.0
- Date Posted:
- San Francisco, CA
- Area Code:
- Employ. Type:
- Pay Rate:
- Job Length:
- Position ID:
- Dice ID:
- Travel Required:
- San Francisco, CA 94107
- Solutions Engineer
- San Francisco, CA
AppDynamics is the leader in next generation solutions for managing modern, distributed, and extremely complex applications residing in both the cloud and the data center. Our customers include some of the largest web sites on the planet, who use our products to monitor and troubleshoot applications distributed across thousands of servers.
With the paradigm shifts to horizontally distributed applications, service oriented architectures, cloud hosting, and agile deployment it is more complex than ever to manage large-scale applications. The innovative AppDynamics technology greatly simplifies managing these modern application architectures. With over 500 high profile customers and year over year revenue growth above 300%, we are disrupting the multi-billion dollar APM (Application Performance Management) market.
Founded in 2008 and lead by proven innovators, AppDynamics has rock solid funding from top tier venture capital firms including: Greylock, Lightspeed, Kleiner Perkins and IVP.
First and foremost, you have a B.S. degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering (M.S. degree preferred). You have the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high pressure, startup environment and have proven yourself as an analytical thinker and problem solver. You have a strong knowledge of J2EE and .Net frameworks like Struts, Servlets, Spring, EJB, Hibernate, .Net 3.0, 3.5 and 4.0, and excellent project management skills. Bonus experience includes:
- Prior development background in J2EE or .Net stack
- 1-2 years of experience working on distributed enterprise software products
- 1-2 years of experience in customer-facing positions as a professional services consultant or sales engineer
About the Role
AppDynamics' Center of Excellence is actively looking for a Solutions Engineer to join our Technical Account Manager (TAM) team working side-by-side with Senior TAMs to support our largest and most strategic customers by providing valuable technical and professional guidance around operations and performance optimization of their application infrastructure. The Solutions Engineer will develop deep understanding of the AppDynamics solution through product training, Sr. TAM mentoring, and hands-on experience, and act as both a technical advisor and enablement specialist supporting some of AppDynamics' highest profile customers.
The Solutions Engineer will work side-by-side with a Sr. TAM to build and maintain long-term relationships with customers by understanding their business goals, challenges, and market opportunities then helping to solve these problems with high-grade technical solutions. This is a great position to enhance your customer facing skills while leveraging your technical expertise to solve real life business problems for Fortune 500 companies. Other responsibilities include:
- Build deep technical expertise on the AppD product and the application stacks and use those skills to address customer issues as needed
- Help customers setup policies, alerts, dashboards and custom configuration to get full visibility into their entire environment
- Train customers on best practices and AppDynamics' features to proactively monitor performance in their environment as well as use the product to identify bottlenecks as needed
- Function as a front-line technical resource for 'best practice' and informal customer questions for key accounts
- Design and develop innovative solutions to integrate AppDynamics in customer's environment and make it a part of their day-to-day operations
- Ensure and document full deployment of AppDynamics product in our customer's environment
- Provide clear and constructive product feedback to AppDynamics' product management teams based on customer requirements and suggestions
- Help document best practices in developing and deploying AppDynamics in customer environments
- Manage competing requests across simultaneous client engagements
We know that the award winning culture at AppDynamics is something to brag about, but here are more reasons that make you excited to get out of bed to come in the morning, like:
- 100% paid for benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance
- Weekly catered breakfast and lunch, and all the snacks, fruits and drinks your heart desires, monthly happy hour events, and weekly massages
- Flexible hours (we won’t make you leave your warm bed too early)
- Brand new state of the art office in downtown SF, centrally located near BART, Caltrain, Muni, the ferry, and a bike sharing station, as well as pre-tax commuter benefits
- Building offers close lunch destinations, a 24-hour Fitness gym, and weekly Farmers Market
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: AppDynamics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any AppDynamics employee. AppDynamics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of AppDynamics.