Who We Are:
At Verizon, our people are busy changing the world—tackling the toughest challenges in areas like Healthcare, Energy, Public Safety, and Education. With an outward focus on our customers and integrity at our core, we're creating technology solutions that help businesses optimize their operations, families connect from anywhere, and whole communities leave smaller, greener footprints. The result? Widespread impact on the way people live, work and play across the entire globe.
That's why we need the best and the brightest minds to join our team. People like you—determined to push boundaries, drive real change, and help us create a smarter, better future for all.
What We Do:
From secure cloud computing, to Machine-to-Machine communications, to robust omnichannel experiences, we're spearheading tomorrow's innovations, today. Our solutions are empowering individuals, businesses, and communities everywhere to unlock their potential and realize the power of technology. That means connecting children to hands-on learning experiences, enabling global businesses to build mobile workforces, and helping municipalities run greener and more efficiently. Simply put: we're creating a better future. And you can be a part of it.
What We Offer:
On top of being a part of the company that's changing the world through groundbreaking technology, you'll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits so robust we call them Total Rewards.
- Medical, dental and vision
- Award-winning training
- Tuition assistance
- 401(k) savings plan
- Employee discounts on plans and technology
- Health and wellness programs
OnCue Senior Software Design Engineer Test
- OnCue Senior Software Design Engineer Test
- Agile, CRM, Development, Foundation, MySQL, mysql, Programming, Scrum, TDD, Telecom, Tester, Testing, Video
- Date Posted:
- Santa Clara, CA
- Area Code:
- Employ. Type:
- Job Length:
- Full Time
- Position ID:
- Dice ID:
- Travel Required:
- One Verizon Way
- Basking Ridge, NJ 07920-1097
We are seeking a passionate software tester for a fulltime role working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. This is an exciting opportunity to build the business foundation of a best-in-class consumer video product.
The successful candidate will join a vibrant product team responsible for the design and implementation of interfaces bridging 3 rd -party systems and our next-generation video platform. These interfaces conform to modern design principles and are designed to scale infinitely from the ground up.
Responsibilities will also include working with business stakeholders and other developers and testers to define and automate test cases to further our Continuous Integration/Deployment goals. Successful candidates are self-motivated, able to lead and/or mentor other testers, and "play well with others". OnCue work.
Minimum Educational Requirement:
- Bachelors of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field.
- MS degree in the above fields preferred.
- 5+ years experience in white-box testing of software.
- 5+ years proven experience in test automation using a modern functional and/or OO programming language.
- Experience with JVM-based test frameworks.
- Experience with load testing tools for web services: AB, Gatling, Bees with Machine Guns, etc.
- Experience with CI/CD.
- Familiarity with Agile software development processes including Scrum and TDD.
- Familiarity with REST-ful web services and the JSON data format.
- Familiarity with Cloud-based IaaS, e.g. AWS.
- Scala/Akka/Play experience.
- MySQL or Cassandra experience.
- Mule ESB experience.
- Kafka/Zookeeper experience.
- B/OSS integration experience, especially in telecom domain.
- IPTV/OTT video experience.
- Experience with Billing/Finance, PLM, logistics, CRM, EAS, or other support systems.
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Verizon is a Federal Contractor
- Verizon requests veteran priority referrals
- Verizon is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer M/F/Disability/Vet.
Posted Date: 2014-10-21 04:03:49 UTC
Category: Information Technology/MIS