- Oracle Database Administrator - Dell Services
- AIX, Application, Applications, Architecture, Backup and Recovery, Database, Database Administration, Data Warehouse, DBA, Development, Engineers, IT, Linux, Management, OLTP, Oracle, Oracle DBA, Performance, Project, Scripts, Software, SQL, System, Systems, Test, Unix
- Date Posted:
- Philadelphia, PA
- Area Code:
- Employ. Type:
- Pay Rate:
- Job Length:
- See Job Description
- Position ID:
- Dice ID:
- Travel Required:
Here, you're free to deliver solutions that make a real difference in people's lives. Your teams will be rewarded for curiosity and for bringing different perspectives to the table. And there will always be opportunities for you to learn, to grow, and to succeed while you bring new solutions to our customers. Let's see what we can dream up together.
Oracle Database Administrator - Dell Services
Oracle Database Administrator - California - Work from Home
The Oracle Database Administrator will be working as a member of a team that is responsible for modernizing, enhancing and supporting business systems/applications. You will have the opportunity to utilize and grow your skills in a variety of technologies, various aspects of the software development life cycle, and build knowledge in different functional areas of our client's business. The Oracle DBA is responsible for supporting very large and complex databases including the organization, installation and assessment of enterprise database management system software across multiple database environments, and will provide production support of our mission critical OLTP systems within Dell Services Healthcare. Systems are based on Oracle RDBMS primarily hosted on Unix AIX and RHEL Linux platforms. Activities require the use of guidelines and specific DBA Homeroom best practices, standards, policies and procedures. The Oracle Database Administrator manages all aspects of developmental, system test and production cycles of Oracle databases.
- Day to day administration of Oracle databases
- Establish and execute detailed database procedures
- Develop project plans for implementing data warehouses
- Oversee the tactical aspects of a data warehouse implementation and maintenance
- Diagnose, resolve and implement preventive measures to prevent problems for applications and system software
- Design data storage and management processes for specific data warehouse projects
- Database design, creation, maintenance, backup/recover, performance tuning and installing new Oracle releases
- Lead and assist less experienced DBAs, primarily offshore, architecture planners and development engineers
- Develop detailed installation procedures, plans and scripts for deployment of application-specific database configurations
- Monitor database statistics and other application specific parameters to maintain performance of the system
- Work with developers to promote Database changes and solve any performance issues
- Participation in 24X7 On-call support rotations
- Undergraduate degree and 5+ years' Oracle DBA experience, or Graduate degree and 3+ years of experience in Oracle database administration
- Experience in managing large database objects (Partition tables and indexes), procedures, triggers and views (performance tuning, partitioning, replication, scripting)
- Experience in database upgrade and applying database PSU/CPU patches
- Knowledge of Database Tuning, SQL tuning and optimization of query plans
- Capable of implementing database backup and recovery strategies and procedures
- Strong experience with UNIX/LINUX Script development
- Oracle 11g and Oracle 10g, SQL and Unix scripting
- Demonstrable ability to proactively identify, make recommendations and resolve database issues
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to coordinate with software and system engineers
- Enthusiastic and energetic with the talent to work in a dynamic, fast paced, and sometimes pressured environment
About Dell Inc.:
Want to work in an environment where each day is focused on delivering solutions that make a real difference in people's lives? Where teams are constantly curious and different perspectives and experiences are valued?
At Dell, we believe technology is essential for human success and that it should be accessible to everyone. We are constantly evolving to better serve our customers, seize new opportunities and drive growth. Together we can change the world. Come join us.
Please visit the About Dell section at www.dell.com for more information.
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell's team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members' health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Department: Services IT - Database Administration