- Gilead Sciences
- BI Developer
- Oracle MDM Hyperion Terradata Cognos Microstrategy
- Date Posted:
- Foster City, CA
- Area Code:
- Employ. Type:
- Pay Rate:
- Job Length:
- Position ID:
- Dice ID:
- Travel Required:
- BI Developer
- Foster City, CA
Are you passionate about your job? Do you want to love where you work and what you’re involved with?
Why not work at a company that helps people? Gilead Sciences is a company that is rapidly growing as a part of the pharmaceutical market. Employees that work here get up in the morning and go to work knowing that they are working towards improving lives of people all over the world.
What will you be responsible for?
Must have Skills:
- The Senior BI Developer will be responsible to support the MicroStrategy platforms for the Medical Affairs organization.
- The role will be responsible to deliver new and existing MicroStrategy (mobile, web) solutions to enable new business capabilities.
- Promotes the reuse of existing data objects and entities across the enterprise to reduce cost and meet business requirements
- Participates in the feasibility analysis for new systems/applications- Monitors and manages application, and database performance, troubleshooting and application, errors, indexing, or other problems
- Implements change management/change control processes
- Develop strong customer relationships with business area, manage planning and provide input to IT service lines
- Facilitate change by leveraging technology, promoting opportunities for applying technology to solve complex business problems and processes.
- Transforms business requirements into logical data models and preliminary physical data models
- Applies data analysis, data modeling, and quality assurance techniques to establish, modify, and maintain data structures and associated components
- Mines data to derive insights for the business and support critical business decision making
- Contributes to the identification of data design options to meet business requirements for large and complex initiatives spanning multiple applications
- Maintains a consistent view of enterprise data definitions and vocabularies to ensure consistency in process and quality
- Interprets object and data models to create appropriate data design and design constraints
- Develops and maintains conceptual, logical, and physical data models to meet business requirements
What knowledge, skills, and experience should I bring to the table?
- Minimum 8 years of work experience- BS/BA degree in Information Systems or Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- MicroStrategy experience is a must with an emphasis on mobile development (Desktop, Mobile, Web, Visual Insights, SDK)
- Experience specifically related to CRM platforms (Veeva, Siebel) is strongly desired
- Experience with the use of SDLC methodologies in project delivery is strongly desired
- Experience with Data Warehouse, ETL, Business Intelligence, and Integration methodologies and concepts is strongly desired
- Ability to manage projects and resources
- Strong analytical, communication, facilitation, influencing and project management skills
- Proven track-record of managing ongoing business activity with partners to achieve a positive outcome for the Company, while building mutually beneficial relationships
- Demonstrates expert understanding of data management, analytics, data integration, and/or database design, data modeling, defining data elements, acquiring, integrating, and mining data to support business analysis and decision support
What monetary compensation will I receive for my contributions?
Gilead was founded in 1987 in Foster City, California. In the last 25 years, Gilead has grown to become one of the largest biopharmaceutical companies with a rapidly expanding product portfolio, a growing pipeline of investigational drugs, and approximately 6,000 employees in offices across five continents. Millions of people around the world are living healthier, more fulfilling lives because of innovative therapies developed by Gilead.
For 2013, Gilead’s annual revenues were $11.2 billion and the company was ranked #2 in Fortune magazine’s list of fastest-growing corporations by 10-year profits. In 2012, the Harvard Business Review ranked Gilead’s chief executive officer, John C. Martin, #5 on its list of the 100 best-performing CEOs in the world, as well as the top-ranked health care CEO.