- NORTHROP GRUMMAN
- Los Angeles, CA
- Systems Administrator 4 (ExaData/ExaLogic)
Northrop Grumman Information Systems sector is seeking an Intermediate Systems Administrator with preferred knowledge of Oracle products and Exa Data/Exa Logic Technologies to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. Job requires qualifications in advanced Oracle Systems Administration, to provide as a foundation for advancement and progression in developing expertise with Exa Data/Exa Logic Technologies. This position will be located in Los Angeles, CA. Realize the rewards of conquering a new challenge of design, developing, and sustaining Oracle Exa Data and Exa Logic infrastructure and systems. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Los Angeles County Leader Replacement System (LRS) contract which is part of the LA County's welfare eligibility system and related social services. NG will be establishing a new production IT facility which will support both development and steady state production support of LRS application. System Administrator will be required for the start-up of the Los Angeles eligibility systems infrastructure. Start-up will require the interfacing with prime contract for systems design and planning. Work scope will include IT and skill development in Oracle Exa-Data/Exa-Logic infrastructure and systems configuration, implementation of hardware and OS software, systems connectivity, storage connectivity and configuration, system security, and production process and procedures. Candidates will be evaluated based on capabilities in support of the following
Roles and Responsibilities:
* Ability to provide design, support, and implementation of Oracle products and services.
* Ability to develop skills in or knowledge of Design and Consulting with Prime contract holder regarding systems infrastructure around the Oracle Exa-Data and Exa-Logic System
* Sustaining support of the IT infrastructure to support the LRS application Infrastructure.
* Provide sustaining operation and development of process and procedures for production ready system for the end customer.
* Develop data back-up systems, processes, and procedures
* Installation, configuration, and sustain operation of Data Center Oracle Systems which include Exa-Data storage solutions
* Installation, configuration, and sustain operation of Data Center storage fabric switch/Infini-band switching
* Engaging and reviewing proposed designs as applicable to systems (Oracle, Linux, Unix and MS) and storage solutions.
* Development and configuration of SNMP within systems for reporting to BMC monitoring system
* Works with contractors as applicable to install and sustaining production operations.
* Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Planning and Implementation
* Provide production systems administration and coordinate with network support and database administration personnel.
* Systems supported will include Linux, Unix, Windows, Cisco, Sun, and Oracle.
* Support the development of policies, procedures, and processes for both operations and customer facing operations.
* The job will require presence at the Data Center located in Woodland Hills, CA and predominately at the LRS Program Office located in Norwalk, CA.
* In addition, develop and coordinate Back-up with Secondary Data Center located outside of California. CSBU NDIO
Relocation assistance will be available Minimum Qualifications: To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
* Bachelor's degree and 10 years of Systems Administration experience required (High School Diploma and or Technical Degree/Certification with 14 years of experience or AA and 8 years of experience acceptable in lieu of Bachelor's degree) * 6 - 12 months of in-depth Oracle Exa Data/Exa Logic Experience
* Oracle/Sun Systems Administration Experience with associated certifications
* Experience and Certification with MS and Cisco Technology
* Experience with Infini-Band Systems and Cisco Architecture
* US Citizenship or Permanent Residency required Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
* 10 years of experience in Oracle and Sun Administration
* Linux, Unix, and/or Windows Administration Certifications preferred
* Working and/or hands-on knowledge of Transaction based systems preferred.
* Familiar with Cisco and Sun Networking preferred.
* Storage Systems and Networks experience preferred
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, cybersecurity, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide. Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Shift: 1st Shift
Relocation Assistance: United States-California-Los Angeles
Number of Openings: 1
US Citizenship Required for this Position: No
Business Sector: Information Systems
© 2014 Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U. S. Citizenship is required for most positions.