We are looking for a qualified candidate that can research, design and develop automated test software systems to take on the role of Sr./Lead Wireless Test Automation Engineer. This fulltime opportunity is out of San Diego, CA.
The new Sr./Lead Wireless Test Automation Engineer :
Analyzes software requirements to determine feasibility of testability within time and cost constraints; consults with software and hardware engineers and other engineering staff to evaluate interface between hardware/software and the automated test software platform; formulates and designs an automated test solution to test the software system, using sound engineering test approaches, with the ability to add test interfaces to the software system; develops software system testing procedures, test platform source code, and documentation; the ability to use code review, configuration management, requirement tracking and software development/debugging tools.
Performs architectural and detailed designs using sound software test engineering principals in the context of test automation platforms and wireless networking systems. Experienced in writing software using scripting languages and object oriented software system code. Implements test software designs using modern programming languages, including Tcl/Tk, Perl, and Ruby. Responsible for all phases of test engineering including identifying, documenting, and testing design solutions for medical devices.
Other responsibilities include specification writing, test protocol writing, design change verification testing, working within a source-code control environment, performing design reviews and code reviews. The ability to deliver commitments to customers and management and demonstrate excellent skills in organization, team dynamics, effective communication and prioritization of tasks are essential.
*** If this sounds like something you are interested in take a look at the requirements.
* 10-15 years of automation and script development experience using Tcl/Tk, Perl, and Ruby
* Knowledge of C/C++, Java, Android
* Strong knowledge of Operating systems; embedded and application software systems
* Strong knowledge of automating configuration management, make and requirement tools
* Strong troubleshooting/debugging of wireless networking issues
* Strong understanding of networking protocols, both wired and wireless
* Strong understanding of networking tools (WireShark, ipconfig, ifconfig)
* Hands on experience using development tools such as Komodo (development), DOORS (requirements), Code Collaborator (code review) and Perforce (configuration management) tools
***If you meet the requirements and the role is a good fit for your skills and experience we want to hear from you.