Seeking motivated individuals to grow an innovative and customer service focused telecommunications company!
- Competitive all-inclusive benefits package (medical/dental/vision/life insurance/short and long term disability)
- Paid Time Off
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Free Service After 6 Months
JAB Broadband is a fast growing Company, comprised of one of the nation’s largest fixed wireless broadband service providers. We provide wireless broadband internet and digital voice telephone service to residential and business customers in Colorado, Idaho, Illinois, Iowa, Nebraska, Nevada, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Texas, Utah and Wyoming. Utilizing the latest wireless technology, JAB’s network provides exceptional performance, security, and reliability – all at low everyday prices.
If you enjoy working in a fast paced environment and this sounds like the job for you, please submit your resume to CONetEngineerPost@corp.skybeam.com for consideration.
Please make the subject line of email: “Network Engineer I, Loveland, Colorado”
Listed below is the job description for our Network Engineer I position. This position offers an hourly rate of $19.00 (depending upon experience and location).
English/Spanish bilingual encouraged to apply! Differential pay depending on business need.
The Network Engineer I position is responsible for Wide Area Network (WAN) engineering and the development and maintenance of a large wireless/wired Internet Service Provider (ISP) network. This position ensures that the Company’s WAN is tuned for optimum performance. The Network Engineer I also assists with system administration. This position maintains consistent interaction with the Company’s installation and customer care departments to prevent and proactively address issues concerning direct and indirect impact on customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor and optimize local and wide-area networks for optimal performance and maximum availability
- Troubleshoot, evaluate and resolve WAN performance and capacities; identify problem areas, bottlenecks and network problems; use various network tools to provide resolution for system issues; maintain, monitor and perform WAN configuration backups; prepare WAN system documentation
- Collaborate on the design and implementation of new technical solutions; provide solution requirements to extend monitoring tools for network devices
- Administer the WAN, hardware, circuits and carrier relations; assist in the administration of the Local Area Network (LAN), hardware and software
- Manage and coordinate system administration; configure Email, Domain Name System (DNS) and Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) systems; install and configure systems; assist with security and third party software installation; manage basic system administration tools and processes; oversee machine boot and shut down procedures; assist with user account management, backup and system database maintenance (groups, hosts, aliases, user manager)
- Provide next level support to the Company’s technicians
- Coordinate the division’s operating system; assist with user level command/utilities oversight, edit files, issue commands, find users’ home directories, navigate through the file system and use Input/Output (I/O) redirection
- Communicate and liaise with all other Company departments; notify appropriate parties immediately of any issues which may affect efficient operations including, but not limited to, outages, service disruptions, tower volume and repeated customer complaints
- Work requires weekend and/or evening work and some travel may be required
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Additional responsibilities and duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Must have a valid driver license to drive within the Company’s geographical footprint
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Solid knowledge Microsoft Office Suite and other job related software; basic understanding of Microsoft Visio
- One (1) year of experience with administration, implementation and troubleshooting of Internet Protocol (IP) routers, Layer 2 and Layer 3 switches and firewalls; basic experience with design, implementation and troubleshooting of IP network routing policies; basic experience with Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP), Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), Open Shortest Path First (OSPF), Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS), Network Address Translation (NAT) and IP network Quality of Service (QoS) policies; basic understanding of configuration and installation of routers, switches and other solution components
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required (continued)
- Basic understanding of PHP, Perl, Python, Shell scripting, Cisco Internetwork Operating System (IOS) and Red Hat/Centos; working towards Cisco Certified Network Analyst (CCNA) certification preferred
- Solid knowledge of data communication concepts and technologies
- Basic ability to implement network security best practices
- Basic knowledge of L2 switching and spanning tree technologies
- Proficient with Network Management Systems (NMS) and monitoring applications
- Customer service oriented with passion for high customer satisfaction and achieving operational excellence; ability to interact with all levels of staff including senior management, internal and external customers
- Must be able to demonstrate attention to accuracy on all duties and responsibilities
- Ability to analyze and define problems, prioritize work flow, multitask, meet deadlines and remain flexible
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Must comply with Company and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) established safety policies and requirements
Physical Demands and Working Environment
- Physical demands: While performing duties of job, employee is constantly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms. On a constant basis, the incumbent must safely lift, carry and maneuver heavy or awkward objects sixty (60) pounds or more. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. Full spectrum color vision required.
- Work environment: Must be able to work safely in a field environment. Must be adept at working in adverse weather conditions. Frequent work in an office environment.
- Daily travel within the Company’s geographical footprint and external destinations may be required.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of every duty and responsibility which will ever be required of an employee in this position. However, the employee will be held responsible for all duties assigned.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for employment to any employee or applicant, irrespective of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, or any other legally protected characteristic. Equal opportunity for employment shall also be extended to those qualified individuals with handicaps who apply for or are employed by JAB Broadband.
All employees must be authorized to work in the United States.
We are a drug-free work environment.
Employment with the Company is contingent on the successful completion of a drug test, Motor Vehicle Record check, and a reference and background investigation.
JAB Broadband is an at-will Company. Employees have the right to end their work relationship with the Company for any reason, with or without advance notice, and the Company has the same right.