SONY ONLINE ENTERTAINMENT
POSITION: UI Programmer
Location: San Diego, CA
PLANETSIDE 2 is currently looking for an experienced UI Programmer to join our team. PLANETSIDE 2 is a massive-combat first-person shooter MMO for the PC. You take on the role of a soldier for one of three empires, fighting your way across vast landscapes with thousands of players simultaneously. Grab your weapon and join the mission!
- Developing, writing, and debugging code for complex systems as part of a next-generation MMOFPS.
- Work alongside other programmers, artists, and designers to help develop optimized, extensible, manageable code.
- Implement In-game User Interface systems and functionality
- Fluent in AS3
- Experience with Object Oriented Programming practices.
- Experience in designing, implementing, debugging and optimizing game UI.
- Must have the ability to accept direction and provide feedback as necessary to keep work flow efficient.
- A PASSION for games!
- Familiar with FlashDevelop and MTASC
- Have a understanding of common Design Patterns
- Scaleform GFX experience a plus
- FlashLite or any development experience for fixed hardware
- C++ Experience a plus
- Game Development Experience, or Web Mini-Game Experience
- Web Application Experience
- Mathematical skills ( basic math, algebra, geometry )
- Lua scripting experience is a plus
- Strong organizational skills and is autonomous in a deadline driven environment
- Strong interpersonal skills required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as ability to present and explain technical and business information.
- BS in CS or equivalent education and experience
- At least 2 years of AS2/AS3 coding experience in a multiple-developer environment
- Rock-solid OOP coding skills
To apply please visit http://www.soe.com/careers
We are Sony Online Entertainment LLC (SOE). A recognized worldwide leader in massively multiplayer online games. Best known for its blockbuster hits and franchises, including EverQuest®, EverQuest® II, and EverQuest® Next, Champions of Norrath®, PlanetSide®,PlanetSide® 2, Free Realms®, Star Wars®: Clone Wars Adventures™, and DC Universe™ Online. SOE creates, develops and provides compelling online entertainment for a variety of platforms. SOE is building on its proven legacy and pioneering the future of online worlds through creative development and inspired gameplay design for audiences of all ages.
SOE is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace.