We have the following opening for Principal Architect (Mobile/Web Applications) in Newark, NJ (pl see below). Please let us know if you are interested and send the following information along with your updated resume in word format.
Mode of pay rate:
Location: Newark, NJ
The Principal Mobile / Web Application Architect develops and executes an integrated architectural view of and strategy for our enterprise-wide portfolio of: Web, Mobile, End User Device, Collaboration, Unified Communication, Portal, Video, Search, Enterprise Content Management and Social Media technologies. Develops architectural approaches and solutions; product roadmaps and financial investment plans for new and existing technologies; documents current and future state of systems; researches and recommends new innovative solutions; makes recommendations based on business value and need; and provides thought leadership to executives.
This position also:
• Leads the analysis of technology, industry and market trends to determine potential impacts to the business and to our existing architectural environment for their domain
• Establishes good working relationships with the business, IT, and our strategic technology partners to better understand their business directions, drivers and requirements
• Recommends appropriate technologies to meet the needs of our customers and business
• Creates architectural design blueprints and business cases to document business challenges, solution approaches, benefits, costs and risks
• Manages the product lifecycle plans for all applications and infrastructure in their portfolio
• Performs architectural fit assessments
• Provides technical guidance to project teams, IT and clients as needed
• Researches, identifies and demonstrates innovative technologies for their domain portfolio
• Evaluates current architecture to detect critical deficiencies, recommends solutions for improvement and documents all architecture design and analysis work
• Supports technologies such as: MS SharePoint, SAP Portal, Office 365, MS Lync, Atlassian Confluence, IBM FileNet, Oracle WebLogic, Oracle Identity Management, SAP Systems, Cisco devices, search, etc.
Required Skills, Competencies, Education or Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or a related discipline and at least six or more years’ experience in developing, implementing, managing and directing multi-project development teams and or large scale information systems, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience. Without a Bachelor’s degree, at least ten or more years of IT experience in developing, implementing, managing and directing multi-project development teams and or large scale information systems, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
• At least five years’ experience in developing the architecture, and deploying “large-scale” web applications.
• At least two years’ experience in developing and or deploying “large-scale” mobile applications.
• Experience in defining solution and architecture roadmaps, estimating and supporting business cases, determining resource requirements and developing long term product life cycle plans.
• Experience in organizing and planning the architecture, and executing large-scale projects from the envisioning stage through to implementation, involving internal personnel, contractors, and vendors.
• Exceptional communication skills and the demonstrable ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization; this includes written and verbal communications as well as visualizations.
• Excellent leadership and consultative skills, including teamwork, facilitation, and negotiation.
• Strong analytical and demonstrated track record in new concept development for a variety of projects and complex technical plans.
• Must foster an inclusive work environment and respect all aspects of diversity. Must demonstrate and value differences in others' strengths, perspectives, approaches, and personal choices.
Desired Skills, Competencies, Education or Experience:
• Graduate degree in Information Systems or related discipline or MBA.
• Advanced professional training and certifications in technical specialties such as training in web design, usability and or heuristic evaluations.
• Web experience
o At least 3 years of experience in development and deployment of enterprise applications using J2EE/J2SE or .NET development platform.
o At least 3 years’ experience in developing web applications integrating with SharePoint, and / or SAP ECC/ CRM/SRM /BI Applications.
o At least 2 years of experience in deploying internal facing Social Media applications such as Wiki, Blogs, Knowledge Management, etc., as well as external facing applications such as YouTube, Twitter, Facebook sites etc.
o Experience implementing both internally and externally facing portals such as SAP Portal and SharePoint Portal and web development platforms such as BEA’s WebLogic and .NET.
o Experience with web content and document management tools such as Interwoven, FileNet and SharePoint.
o Experience with web analytic tools such as WebTrends.
• Mobile experience
o At least 1 year of experience in integrating mobile applications with back-end systems such as SharePoint, ESRI/GIS, SAP ECC/ CRM / SRM /BI Applications, etc.
o At least 2 years of experience in mobile Web / Native / Hybrid application development on at least one of the major platforms - iOS, Android, Windows Mobile, Blackberry or other end user device.
o At least 1 year of experience with Mobile Device Management (MDM) solutions such as Afaria and Mobile Device Application Platforms (MDAP) such as SAP Mobile Platform (SUP / Syclo).
• Architecture experience
o Experience with Enterprise Architecture modeling tools and methodologies such as Troux.
o Experience in evaluating new technologies, applications or platforms and applying architectural principles, methods, and tools to address business challenges.
• Experience with Microsoft technologies and applications such as SharePoint, Office 365, Fast search.
• Experience with Identity Management tools and concepts.
• Utility or Generation Experience
Additional Critical Information:
• Will lead and mentor others as an individual contributor, no direct reports.